Any archers out there?

bigoltool

Registered
OK so years ago I used to be really into Archery. A few friends and I used to hit the 3D range three days a week. Never hunted with it just like to shoot. Well anyways several years ago while I was on a business trip I get home and find my bow (Browning Mag reflex) has exploded while hanging on its rack. I rip into the wife and she said the string broke in the middle of the night. Well fast forward 7 years and it is still hanging in my Garage sans string. Limbs and cables are still in good shape I just haven't gotten it re-strung since that happened. So last weekend I go to an Archery shop near me and ask them about restringing it and looking at all these new bows. Wow have they changed in the last 7 years. super short and SUPER fast! The guy says hey want to try mine? I declined and told him it had been years since I had even picked mine up but he was insistent. So I walk out onto his indoor range and grab his bow which is a really nice Mathews Switchback XT. Well I shot two arrows with it and handed it back to him. Walked to the target and found both of them in the bullseye! Man was I thinking I was cool! His bow was trick no doubt but I was brimming when I left there. That did it I now have to get my bow fixed! No question about it. I am also looking for a new bag to hang in the back yard.

I've often thought of getting a good bow just for target shooting. I use to have a blast with my little sets growing up. A guy I went to school with had his string let go while in was in its case. Plastic flew everywhere but noone was hurt.
SHOCKED.gif

Not an archer yet but always wanted to try it.
Looks like lots of fun. Particularly interested after watching the "Weatherman"

Target Link

here is a link for Morrell targets. They are about as good as you can get. As for a bow get the best you can afford. Just like everything else you get what you pat for. Go to a local Pro Shop and get fitted and tuned. Then shoot and enjoy!

Back