'Tis the season... (a rant)

Maybe they should take up fishin... like this guy!  
biggrin.gif

No condemning responsible hunters from me!

Michelle, maybe the NRA could give you some advice. We're all for promoting responsible hunting, but this sounds like dangerous behavior.

I wouldn't shoot anyone or their tires, but I might wander around were they could see me with a large caliber rifle. "You ain't shooting towards my house are you?"

If you catch a dog and remove the radio collar (oops it "fell" off) that might get expensive.

I don,t blame you for being angry Michele, These hunter,s are not true sportsman, or they would not be breaking any laws. I like the idea someone had about the perfume spraying, and lookn for the tree stands. If there aren,t anything to hunt, surely the problem would take care of itself. Good luck to you.

I'm glad to hear that Scooby is ok. I really hope you can get some help and stop this kind of recklessness before another pet or person gets shot.

Thanks for the feedback guys...

And to those hunters on here, I surely won't condemn you, unless you show up in my yard trying to get your damn dogs!
tounge.gif

mzrsq - I appreciate your insight...and I wasn't trying to rant about all hunters; kind of thought I made that clear. I have come to really appreciate true hunters; many treat wildlife and the environment better than even I may...it's the a-holes in my area, and namely the laws that have allowed them to use dogs, hunt on properties bordering my land, etc that have really affected my blood pressure.

Big O - thanks for that insight. I just may contact someone at that level and get 'em on my side. I know that the majority of avid hunters use ethical means to enjoy their sport, and encourage safety...that's what keeps blowing my mind about the laws where I live. That they've not been addressed or changed for so long shows me just how "back woods" VA is...
laugh.gif
I'm moving back to Colorado!

At any rate, I was kind of hoping the actress to play me in the feature film would be more than just T & A...someone smart...surely there's someone better than Pamela?!
rock.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

Sorry Michelle.............even Colorado has it's idiot hunters. I hunt for elk nearly every year up here.........fairly successful at it too, but it doesn't matter what activity you are talking about.............there are always the idiots that are involved. Just like when you're out on the road and you see a goofus riding dangerously and giving us all a bad name, there's those bubbas in every state doing the same thing with a rifle in their hands!!!!!
mad.gif

Unfortunately, all you can do is keep posting those signs and hope their stupidity goes away!!!! Good luck!!!
smile.gif

Back