Please read and respond

voodoolord

Registered
The BLM here in the western states especially Oregon have been erecting illegal gates and gating off thousands of square miles of land in the last 5 years. I noticed it the most last fall when I tried to go to some of my favorite hunting grounds and found the roads gated off miles before the hunting grounds. It turns out that mining claim owners are getting gated out of their claims as well and are having to file lawsuits to get them reopened. The claims and hunting grounds in a lot of cases are in the same area or overlap.
Now we have the wildlife services branch of the USDA which is setting leg traps, snares, cyanide and extremely brutal conibear traps around private property on public land. Its killing family pets as well as unintended wildlife everywhere. Instead of allowing hunters to help control the predator population they are killing all wildlife indiscriminately. This is a systematic takeover of our lands, property rights, mineral rights and states rights. Please think about this, read the article link and look into the BLM land grab issues. If you don't speak up you will lose your public land. Call your congressmen! Email your congressman! Don't be another Colorado and wonder what happened after its too late.

Hundreds of family pets, protected species killed by little known federal agency | Fox News

Very scary. Another example of government doing as it pleases. They should be held accountable, but the sad truth is that the most likely won't be, reinforcing that they are above the law.

As much as I hate this story, I can't say I'm shocked...thinking "big picture" isn't really what any of these gov't agencies do anyway. The right hand never knows or cares about the left...they see a problem, they "fix" it, never worrying about others affected.

I guess I'm just so jaded anymore, I'm rarely shocked by the stupid that abounds in our gov't anymore...

Blm is out of control in Oregon. The coalitions to keep farmers out that got paid by the pipeline we put in are really far out there. They even admitted it was a mistake to give then money. I hate that for you guys. Free range up there was pretty nice.

There are alot of theories about whats going on with gating off public lands. A lot of this started in the Clinton administration when he designated a huge tract of the Rogue river as "wild and Scenic". If you leave my house and drive the mile to where your close to the river its all private property with the exception of a boat landing. As soon as the private property ends the "wild and Scenic" section begins. In the wild and scenic area you cant have any motor vehicles within a mile of the river so they dig up and tank trapped all the roads and trails that people used to get to the river on motorcycles and trucks to fish, hunt and swim along the river.

One of the theories is the Fed is locking up private land so they can use the resources as collateral for the debt to china. There's also the environmental lobby including the sierra club that advocates gating and banning off road use. Whatever the cause the result is a land grab by the federal government of state lands. I know there's not a lot of people here on the forum from Southern Oregon so there's not as much interest here but this effects us all eventually if left unchecked.

ever wonder why Wyoming boys carry cutting torches in their trucks? :whistle: :laugh:

Out here the BLM has trail cameras around the gates. Its a felony if their tampered with.

Out here the BLM has trail cameras around the gates. Its a felony if their tampered with.

snipe the cameras then cut the gate into little pieces? :sulk:
around here i just take a dirtbike if i wanna ride...well, dirt. those things slip right under and sometimes over a fence.

to steal cats :laugh:
they leave all the cats here unlocked, and most the time with the key in them.
:whistle: i have fired a few up to get the 4x4's out of a tough situation before.
i looked for the web link where some guy got busted "stealing" a grader and driving it 1/2 a mile to retreve a stuck truck. the judge let him off! saying it was survival. " ya see judge, i just had to steal that grader to get my truck out (because i was dumb and got it stuck) or we woulda died." :rofl: gotta love Wyoming.

and then there is this guy in Sheridan that uses an ultralite to fly into landlocked public and federal land to hunt. :thumbs: he's awesome.

you have to know your laws, and sometimes how to twist them to your advantage.

i had an instance a few years ago when i got a ticket for going past a road closed sign. well in the law, if you have land past the sign (and i do) it dosen't apply, and if your vehicle is not effected by the conditions of the road as long as it's not an interstate or highway, you can proceede at your own risk. :poke: have you seen my jeep and K5? :laugh: judge dismissed both of us. :beerchug:

ok im done................for the moment. :afro:
:soapbox:

Back