My take on the world as we know it"christan view"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how many posts start out pro-god yadda yadda. If he's really that great of a being,why does most god related post share topics of misery?

As far as non-believers being afraid to admit it? I think it's the other way around more then you think. It's all finger pointing in the end.

Most people don't find God until they face adversity and He helps them out of it. Fortunately I've always been a follower and was finally baptized 3 years ago.

I will give you an example of the way I have been blessed in the past year. I was a detective and was working a huge case that got a lot of media attention. I was given a direct order from a superior that conflicted with my moral beliefs, so I sat down and spoke with my preacher. He agreed that I had to disobey the order because it was wrong. I disobeyed said order and was suspended from work for 30 days. That came out to $6,000, which hurt quite a bit. I had to take out a loan to cover my bills.

During my persecution I prayed :please: to God to help those persecuting me, especially the one who had given me the order I had an issue with. I asked God to please shine in their lives so that they could one day make better decisions in their lives.

When tax time rolled around, it turns out I had dropped down a tax bracket due to that loss of income. Want to guess how much more I got back this year?

That's right, $6,000.

The quality of my life has drastically improved. Money seems to land in my lap since my persecution. I am on course to make at least $30,000 more this year than I did last year. I believe that God was making a change in my life by forcing me to decide between my job and what I felt was right. Police officers, including their administrators, don't always make the right decisions. I sleep well at night knowing that in this case I did. :)

Joseph, You are an awesome guy and I would love to meet and share time with you. What makes you special is that you have no problem proclaiming and sharing the word of God. I once worked with a guy who was a Jehovas Witness, and he was afraid of letting anyone in the shop know!
If that is his belief, why be ashamed to let anyone know? :bowdown:

Oh crap, I wouldn't tell anyone if I was J.W. either.:whistle:

Most people don't find God until they face adversity and He helps them out of it. Fortunately I've always been a follower and was finally baptized 3 years ago.

I will give you an example of the way I have been blessed in the past year. I was a detective and was working a huge case that got a lot of media attention. I was given a direct order from a superior that conflicted with my moral beliefs, so I sat down and spoke with my preacher. He agreed that I had to disobey the order because it was wrong. I disobeyed said order and was suspended from work for 30 days. That came out to $6,000, which hurt quite a bit. I had to take out a loan to cover my bills.

During my persecution I prayed :please: to God to help those persecuting me, especially the one who had given me the order I had an issue with. I asked God to please shine in their lives so that they could one day make better decisions in their lives.

When tax time rolled around, it turns out I had dropped down a tax bracket due to that loss of income. Want to guess how much more I got back this year?

That's right, $6,000.

The quality of my life has drastically improved. Money seems to land in my lap since my persecution. I am on course to make at least $30,000 more this year than I did last year. I believe that God was making a change in my life by forcing me to decide between my job and what I felt was right. Police officers, including their administrators, don't always make the right decisions. I sleep well at night knowing that in this case I did. :)

So you feel blessed because you have run into a ton o' cash ??? I was hoping to read that someone's life was saved or you prevented a major catastrophe or something. But i guess a bunch of $ can be a blessing.

Good for you. I hope i'll be blessed too :thumbsup:

Please don't misunderstand me!
I enjoyed reading his post.

America might grant it's citizens religious freedom, and the right to worship (or not) at they choose, but I am here as a guest of the Captain and he sets the rules, so I think I'll refrain from expressing my beliefs! I don't wish to hurt any one's feelings. :laugh::beerchug:

Thanks to all my Christian Hayabusa.org friends for your concern that I, or others, might not have seen the light. :thumbsup: :cheerleader:

cheers
ken

I will vouch for you my busa brother:beerchug: Your good people even if you don't know Jesus. I do wish you were a little closer so I could hit you with my bible. j/k:lol: Seriously though. What we say IS true and each and everyone of our future no matter what it is...is ETERNAL. You HAVE to be ready to live with it FOREVER my friend :agree:

It's funny how many posts start out pro-god yadda yadda. If he's really that great of a being,why does most god related post share topics of misery?

As far as non-believers being afraid to admit it? I think it's the other way around more then you think. It's all finger pointing in the end.

God never promised a life of nothing but joy and happiness. The truth is once you are saved it has a bigger chance of going the other way. For one you now have Satan AGAINST you. AND if you haven't noticed Christians rights are being taken away in schools, the work place, govt, ect....

Being a Christian is NOT easy. I won't lie to you, it's hard being a good Christian. Ask any of them. BUT the prize at the end is MORE than worth it.

I thank you for your honesty and your response.

So you feel blessed because you have run into a ton o' cash ??? I was hoping to read that someone's life was saved or you prevented a major catastrophe or something. But i guess a bunch of $ can be a blessing.

Good for you. I hope i'll be blessed too :thumbsup:

I get it and that was funny!

The bible and it's dogmatic, theology based doctrine is open to all forms of interpretation... and having a windfall of cash instead of curing cancer, preventing famine etc. is truly a sign of being blessed, a top priority.

Dunno man, maybe I just don't get it...

I had to respond to this post and as I obviously don't agree with the religious zealots so, out respect for their decisions and as people, I won't make anymore comments on this thread.

Funny, sounds just like my little school in Knoxville TN. Prayers and the Pledge of Allegiance and teachers that would bust your arse just like mom and dad if you needed it! If you got one, you got another when you got home. The cafeteria had cooks which were little old ladies from our neighborhood and the food was just like grandma made and it wasn't nothing for one of the cooks that new you almost as good as your own parents to come around and give you a hug, ask how your mom and dad were doing! Those days are gone except in my memories.

I'm 38 years old and I remember morning prayer at school. Right after our prayer, we all said the Pledge of Allegiance in unison with whomever was saying it over the loud speaker that day. We then sat down and began our lessons for the day. If we stepped out of line, which I often did, we would be sent to the Principal's office for a very painful paddling.

Nobody in all of my school years, anywhere in this country, walked into their school and shot up their fellow students.

When we took God and Christian morals and values out of our schools, we doomed our future generations to having to look over their shoulders in the halls of their respective educational institutions.

me and projekt go a long way back. in my book even thou we agree to disagree he is one cool person who has some great ideals that i believe in.
no kml im not trying to save you, i can not do that. i like your attitude thou on reading about the busas. people in all honesty im not trying to save anyone, thats way above and beyond me. all im doing is looking at the world situation, taking into conderation what i read from the scriptures, put it together come up with my thoughts. im truly sorry if it offends some, i really am. but heres my point, i do not make fun or condone or destroy those that post anti-God threads, the same applys to all faiths of religion, im not the judge you see. just a player in a arenea bigger than life. so. if you decide to slander me, thats your option, you choose that route, you have to look at why one day you did. i have not forced this thread on no one nor do i choose to do so. my thoughs have been written. we are all brothers and sisters here of the busa kind and that is one great thing, to me if i insulted your bike you would not like it, nor would i like it if some one insulted my bike. all i ask is give the same conderation to my view. i dont insult yours. please dont insult mine. heck even if you do , it does not matter to me, its your option, you choose. if you disagree its easy, just say i disagree and move on, i do not need anyone reason for not believeing in what i do. that is yours. not mine.
\
now you know with all this written and the anger presented , i still know that 99.9 of you would be great people to ride with, theres a lot of class and respect on here, one of the greatest boards i have had the pleasure of being on to see great partership.

+1
Very well said. The truth is in the word of God.

Belief in God isnt something that can be taught, nor forced upon someone.

The reason why people who dont believe in God are so strong in their beliefs is for the same reason why people who do believe in God are so strong in their belief that God does exist.

There is no person, no written words, no written symbols, no magic tricks that can ever make someone believe. it is something that has to be experainced on a personal level.

Until this happens, a person will never believe.

Once this happens a person will never forget

And this is why people on both sides of the fence can never undestand the other side. The sides are seperated by an unseen barrier that cannot be crossed by human endeavor.

This is why man can never prove God exists and why man can never disprove God exists.

Thats why I make myself available to those who thirst, but I dont try and force that which the fountain provides against someones will. For it will only taste bitter to them that are not ready to be quenched.

Last edited:
I'm 38 years old and I remember morning prayer at school. Right after our prayer, we all said the Pledge of Allegiance in unison with whomever was saying it over the loud speaker that day. We then sat down and began our lessons for the day. If we stepped out of line, which I often did, we would be sent to the Principal's office for a very painful paddling.

Nobody in all of my school years, anywhere in this country, walked into their school and shot up their fellow students.

When we took God and Christian morals and values out of our schools, we doomed our future generations to having to look over their shoulders in the halls of their respective educational institutions.

Ok your 38. So your saying from 1976 to 1989 there wasn't a school shooting one?

Then tell me about the Shooting on Aug 12 1986 when a student shot 5 people and killed one of them at a tech college in Brooklyn New York.

How about When a girl shoot and killed her self after killing two 14 year old boys on Nov 26 1985

Or how about the dean of bates college being shot by the captain of the swim team on oct 23 1985

Wait I have more!!!!!

How about the 15 year old that killed one and wounded another in lansing MI with a pistol after being picked on for being "nazi" on feb 22 1978

That is four shouting in this country in your years of school.

Wait I have 4 more before your school years.

Anthony Barbaro killed three and wounded 11 others at a high school in Olean NY on Dec 30 1974

At Kent State University in Ohio there was 9 students wounded and 4 killed on May 4 1970

University of California 2 students shot and killed jan 17 1969

On Aug 1 1966 Charles Whitman killed 16 and wounded 31 others at the University of Texas

I think that is what 8 shooting 4 before and 4 during your school years. I also found info about 41 more after 1989

Or I could go way back to May 28 1927 When 45 was killed and another 58 was hurt. This is the largest school killing in history and took place in Bath MI.

Im sure you can tell by me pointing these shooting out my beliefs differ from yours and other. Let me make it clear I respect yours and others beliefs.

I feel my kids have very good morals and values taught to them by thier mother and I. Yes my kids have been to church a few times and I will never stop them or dis incurage them from going. I have alwas told my kids they are free to go to church anytime they would like to go.

So you say all the school killings started after they took "god" out of the schools. Can you explain the above to me then?

Problem is back then news didn't spread like wildfire like it does today. In that same era we(I'm 40) were also taught to not speak of certain things just accept it. That's a whole other ball of worms. To an extent. We were happier cause we were under more "Control"? Unified. People have more of a voice today which is a good thing,but it's also causing more conflicts leading to negative incidents.

Take this forum...
Motorcyclist downed today and killed.... Now 90% of this news I probably would of never heard. Info is to readily available giving the illusions of how much worse things are today. Yes things are bad now,but they were back then too. We have more motorcycles on the road followed by more cages. More less experienced drivers/riders. The more I read. The more I wanna give up my scoot. There is also a section for fallen riders yet people post in here and general section. You get the idea.

Human mind will remember a "Negative" thought longer then a "Happy" one.

God has bound himself to rules. Devil hasn't,yet there is no way to prove either exist other then "Faith". I would think the Devil would be easier to prove he exists due the the fact he's "Actively" ever tempting us. There are a lot of things that just defy logic though. Take space for instance. There is no known end to it. How is this possible? It's there that I do know,but how? God can exist...

I do believe anything is possible. Just that unless proven I'm not going to have it influence my life. Yet I will still help out the elderly woman next to me in the grocery store acquire items from the top shelf. Help people who ask for my assistance for other random things. ETC..... When times are hard for me I will get up in morning and find a way to make it better how ever long it takes. Why cause I don't have a choice. Have negative moments happened in my life? Yes. Did I make it through them? Yes.

Good luck on your journey though life. If "God" has a plan for all of us,then why do some post how they feel "God' should be invoked into our lives? He will reach each and every one of us without us being told he will.

Christians rights weren't taking away from schools. No one said that said child can't take a moment to themselves and pray. I see people pray often out in public before meals and such in many different ways. Not once have I seen them told not to do so. Only thing is now they are not "forced" to do so. People have different beliefs in "God". Why would a person "NEED" to pray is school anyways? Plenty of time in the day to pray a thousand times over. "God" Abandons students now cause they don't pray at school? It was the many variations of "religion" that caused your loss of "rights" to impose your way of life onto others. That is what was taking from the school. A Jewish child, a Buddhist's child, an atheist's child, etc.... do they need to conform to "christian" way of life? Have a heart worthy of "God" and accept others beliefs without worrying about theirs being thrust upon your children and yours not thrust upon theirs. It's a "Public School".

Raise your children the way you see fit. Teach them right from wrong. Don't like "public" schools? Then nothing wrong with private schools. My mother went to a Catholic school. If it's that big of problem then I'm sure "God" will help you though it and find a solution. I hear he's granting people $$ now. :please:

I get it and that was funny!

The bible and it's dogmatic, theology based doctrine is open to all forms of interpretation... and having a windfall of cash instead of curing cancer, preventing famine etc. is truly a sign of being blessed, a top priority.

Dunno man, maybe I just don't get it...

I had to respond to this post and as I obviously don't agree with the religious zealots so, out respect for their decisions and as people, I won't make anymore comments on this thread.

Sounds good to me :whistle:

I can relate to so many sides of the discussion. My parents went to church every Sunday right up to the divorce. I was the baby Jesus for the Christmas service when I was a little more than a month old. As I grew up, my mother and Step father did not attend church. They thought it would be good if I did, but didn't make me go or set the example of going for me to follow. By the time I graduated high school, I was an atheist. I was a very vocal atheist through my 20's, not understanding how people could be so brainwashed to believe the old dogma used to control the masses.

Then came September 1, 1996. I am an engineer by education, and at the time I was a technical researcher by profession. mrsBW's nickname for me back then was Mr. Spock since my decisions and beliefs were based on mathematics and proofs. Most of my friends were Christians, kind of hard for them not to be since about 85% of Americans are. I had been challenged by them to use my engineering and research skills to show them the light. In my attempt to educate them through research and empirical evidence, I ended up proving to myself that God does exist, and that he sent his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for us. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior on September 1, 1996, and was baptized a week later.

So I've been athiest, agnostic, and Christain over 4 decades. Many of the anti-Christian arguments I see posted are very similar to the ones I used during my dark ages. Remember, Satan has dominion over the Earth until the second coming, and he is very proactive in his recruiting. God gave us free will. We can chose to follow Satan or follow Him. It has to be based of faith. If God proved his existence, it would no longer be free will. Once you excersize your free will and choose to follow Him, He will reveil himself.

Last edited:
He's sayin the $6,000 was a blessing because he didn't pray for money yet since he stood his ground on his beliefs & faith he lost a good deal of money. He didn't have a grand scheme behind it at all yet god saw fit to bestow him with resolution to what he previously suffered.....hope i've put into words what i feel he meant, dunno if my thoughts were portrayed correctly
Posted via Mobile Device

I can relate to so many sides of the discussion. My parents went to church every Sunday right up to the divorce. I was the baby Jesus for the Christmas service when I was a little more than a month old. As I grew up, my mother and Step father did not attend church. They thought it would be good if I did, but didn't make me go or set the example of going for me to follow. By the time I graduated high school, I was an atheist. I was a very vocal atheist through my 20's, not understanding how people could be so brainwashed to believe the old dogma used to control the masses.

Then came September 1, 1996. I am an engineer by education, and at the time I was a technical researcher by profession. mrsBW's nickname for me back then was Mr. Spock since my decisions and beliefs were based on mathematics and proofs. Most of my friends were Christians, kind of hard for them not to be since about 85% of Americans are. I had been challenged by them to use my engineering and research skills to show them the light. In my attempt to educate them through research and empirical evidence, I ended up proving to myself that God does exist, and that he sent his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for us. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior on September 1, 1996, and was baptized a week later.

So I've been athiest, agnostic, and Christain over 4 decades. Many of the anti-Christian arguments I see posted are very similar to the ones I used during my dark ages. Remember, Satan has dominion over the Earth until the second coming, and he is very proactive in his recruiting. God gave us free will. We can chose to follow Satan or follow Him. It has to be based of faith. If God proved his existence, it would no longer be free will. Once you excersize your free will and choose to follow Him, He will reveil himself.

:beerchug:

Great post. We might all want to consider why we are the ones alive in this world at this particular juncture. No one can deny that the world is changeing dramatically and a huge shift in thinking and values is ocurring.
In the near future if you say publicly that you are a Christian you will definitely mean it.

:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back