We the People

MET

The Watcher
Registered
Sorry I had to rant today.

Well gas is at a all time high, Food is at a low. Taxes are being paid to support a Congress that is out of touch with the people, and the list goes on and on.

The question comes up again in a world economy. Are we trying to be too Gobal?

We have enough Coal (more than the rest of the world) to safely make into oil and gas, but are afraid to upset the rest of the world in using it. Yes it is a stop gap but gives us time to rebuild and re-think. It can be done clean.

We have more farms and land to feed all of the US 3 times over but are selling it off faster then we can grow it.

We are letting China hold 16 Trillion yes trillion in American dept.

Jobs are being farmed out as quick as we can get them offshore, but products and service are decreasing.

We are n ot building any new Nuclear power sources but othr world countries which we help re-build are.

Teddy Rosevelt is moving up in ranking each year by historians. he is now ranked 6 in all time.

"A typical vice of American politics is the avoidance of saying anything real on real issues."
"Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people."

"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife.

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."

Maybe 135,000,000 tax payers should not pay taxes for one year until the Goverment understands We the People once again? I believe in taxes but also believe in solving problems

thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

With the agree stated, my question is.....

What can we as American People do?? I mean really. I know there is the green thing, and there are hybrid cars, but if you really have to commute to work (so walking is not an option), what can you do?

I filled up my car yesterday and it took $68.87!!
firedevil.gif
We are talking a Pontiac, not a Pick Up! Hubby and I carpooled on the Busa because it was so much cheaper then our car or truck on gas.

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Probably time for a bloody uprising. Seems to me we vacated Europe 200+ years ago for this exact same problem.

Time to: REBOOT THE GOVERNMENT

We are SUPPOSED to ELECT people that do stuff for us, but the idiot voters keep voting for people who look good on TV instead. I'da voted for RON PAUL because he talked about actually DOING something, not just the empty headed crap the current 3 are spewing

I'm considering leaving the states altegether. the government is failing

I repeat,

"What courage our fore fathers had...which is now lost, as we have been enslaved by our government."
Author...Me

brave.gif

thumb_up.gif

It is mostly influenced by greed. Capitalism is a good system but there should be some limits.. Oh, right.. Then it wouldn't be free trade.. If I only had hair to tear out...

well, it's an uphill battle. seems like there's a lot of crying about foriegn oil dependency and factory outsourcing, but yet everytime something comes up to help ourselves (newer powerplants, large factories, better utility networks,etc) they get shotdown by the epa, being overly taxed, or unrealistic standards set. I believe everyone in the world should be entitled to some quality of life, but not at our expense. might sound selfish, but we have a lot of people in need that could use some of the stuff we send abroad, that a sometimes ends up in the wrong hands. send them our surplus after our own are taken care of. kinda sad also that prisoners (criminals) get 3 square meals paid for by taxes, yet the the people that have to go to the womens shelter and crises center are supported by just donations, which are reduced because of the harder financial times we are in. I gotta stop... I'll be here all day, sorry so long.

Fug the government.... REVOLUTION !!!!

Green text is unreadable... Sorry, I didn`t read what you said NinjaEater.

Probably time for a bloody uprising.  Seems to me we vacated Europe 200+ years ago for this exact same problem.

Time to:  REBOOT THE GOVERNMENT

We are SUPPOSED to ELECT people that do stuff for us, but the idiot voters keep voting for people who look good on TV instead.  I'da voted for RON PAUL because he talked about actually DOING something, not just the empty headed crap the current 3 are spewing

I'm considering leaving the states altegether.  the government is failing
I really worry about the new crop of people running for President. Obama reminds me of the President in the movie Dead Zone. All smiles and always saying we will change, but neve saying what he will change. McCain reminds me of William Harrison Age 68 when he became President. Let's hope he will do more.

Wh9.gif

Boy ain't this the truth.... Can only get worse IF We the People don't recognize it for what it is. Ask yourself when was the last time YOU called your state Senator or Rep?

Not enough people willing to do the hard thing. Evidenced by all those who keep electing Teddy term after endless term. Most people are content to sit around and watch t.v. every night rather than work the phones or write some worthwhile stuff to their local reps, etc.

One thing is certain, if you really do love this country, you won't be moving to another country. As bad as it is, it's still way way way better than anywhere else in the world. If you believe, however, that a revolution is in order, you have to work to get it going and suffer for it. I may be too high a price to pay now but maybe in a few more years, it will be doable.

--Wag--

I "Like" where I was born and grew up and believe it USED TO BE the best place to be... I no longer believe that. WE THE PEOPLE no longer have anything to do with OUR Government, or something would be done when WE THE PEOPLE all agree on stupid things like locking down borders and stopping the welfare crap. The whole world is global now. If I move, I'll still have access to all the things I enjoy in life. The world is changing... and the USA is changing for the worse. Am I giving up? Sure. >>*I*<< am willing to risk my life leading said bloody uprising but I know it would be pointless since no one would join me out of fear, or the possibility of missing an episode of LOST.

This is still the greatest country on the planet! Period. Would you want to live in an African country, somewere in Russia, or maybe China or India, yeah thats were I want to go. This country is in a recesion, its happened before and we will prevail.

hahahaha there are more nice countries on the globe than the BAD ones you mention. recession or not, the gov has outgrown its ability to control it's inbred stupidity. stupidity that *I* help fund. I could stop paying taxes, get arrested, get a free ride for life as a convict and go against everything I stand for... or I can leave. time will tell.

This is still the greatest country on the planet!  Period.  Would you want to live in an African country, somewere in Russia, or maybe China or India, yeah thats were I want to go.  This country is in a recesion, its happened before and we will prevail.
Actually by definition, we are not in a recession. A recession is two or more quarters in a row of negative economic growth. The first quarter came out flat but it is looking like the second quarter is showing minor signs of growth. The fourth quarter of 2007 had minor growth as well. My personal opinion is that our dependancy on credit has artificially propped up the economy as more and more people go deeper into credit card debt. But it is what it is.

I do agree that America is the greatest country on the planet!

True by defination, but the stats keep changing that make up the data points.

To be sure, the view that the United States will tumble into recession is still held by a minority of economists, and has not been endorsed officially by the Federal Reserve or the U.S. government.

Goldman Sachs and some other forecasters, show that employment growth in the United States has largely stalled and the broader economy has creaked to a halt as well.

This is the strongest country in the world (I agree), which is my whole point. Let us not loose what we have by letting the Goverment stick their heads in the sand and make the reports look better.

This latest 6 trillion dollar Senate proposal is very bad, should it pass. All in the name of Green with out any advance work.

True by defination, but the stats keep changing that make up the data points.

To be sure, the view that the United States will tumble into recession is still held by a minority of economists, and has not been endorsed officially by the Federal Reserve or the U.S. government.

Goldman Sachs and some other forecasters, show that employment growth in the United States has largely stalled and the broader economy has creaked to a halt as well.

This is the strongest country in the world (I agree), which is my whole point.  Let us not loose what we have by letting the Goverment stick their heads in the sand and make the reports look better.

This latest 6 trillion dollar Senate proposal is very bad, should it pass.  All in the name of Green with out any advance work.
Some very good points. Shame that my post of yesterday was deleted by the glitch. I believe that the growing dependancy on credit cards is "artifically boosting the economy. If you were to pull credit card spending out of the equation, we would have a true crisis on our hands. Soros yesterday claimed that oil futures speculation was helping drive up gas prices as well. Self fulfilling proficy at it's best.

Very true.. We are starting to see cars running out of gas on the side of the Freeways lately. We have the honor of being the highest in the nation now at $4.24 or above.

Back