My Situation....

det45

Registered
Ok, This is a question for the ladies.....My girlfriend wants me to move in with her and further our commitment in our relationship...... I said no thanks. Am I wrong? My Ex-Wife of fourteen years screwed me over by cheating on me back in 2007 so I divorced her. Now my girlfriend wants me to move in with her and get serious! I've been divorced for over two years now and enjoying it. Am I wrong? I just want to live in my own place with no commitments and my motorcycles. Am I a jerk or what? :whistle: Dudes can chime in too....:laugh:

Take your time and get yourself right otherwise you won't be right for anyone.

Well if its not something you want then you did the right thing, However she was ready to move it to the next level and now is probably asking herself where is this relationship going.

Seems like something ya'll need to sit down and discuss. Let her know you are not pushing her away, but just not ready to live with anyone else right now.

Dont compare your current relationship to what happened to you in the past.

Good luck

All good advice. Follow your heart. They say you are supposed to have 1 year for every 3 you were married to heal from it and get back to you. Debatable, but dont do anything you dont know for sure is right in your heart and mind. No need in having 2 divorces.

Roger that!

All good advice. Follow your heart. They say you are supposed to have 1 year for every 3 you were married to heal from it and get back to you. Debatable, but dont do anything you dont know for sure is right in your heart and mind. No need in having 2 divorces.

Your single (Technically) and enjoying it? Don't ruin a good thing, you'll know when its time to move on and settle down...

If it's not in your heart to live with her then she will just have to get over it or move on. I don't think this makes you a jerk at all. Stick to your guns and don't let her pressure you into something your not ready for yet.
I would much rather have a man be honest then to move in with me and regret it later. Divorces are tough and I don't blame you one tiny bit for not wanting to commit to another relationship this soon.

You have to go with your feelings, not hers. If you do it and your not happy, she won't be happy. Which can make things even worse. I would find a nice quite place to have dinner and talk to her about why you made the decision you did. Like said above, if she loves you enough to want to take it to the next level, she should understand your feelings on the situation at this point. Good luck with this my friend. I hope she will understand your feelings.

Set them Down Look them right in the eye.
And ask them what do you want from me.
And ask them what can they do for you.
And see what they say.

Just those two Question then you will know.
And then???????????.How long does it take to ansewr those big Qs. It will be funny.

chuck

Nothing is wrong with being a confirmed bachelor, don't be guilted into doing something you don't want to do or might regret later. There are a lot of responsibilities and surrendering of personal space, time and accountabilities when you take that next step. You'll know when you are ready....:beerchug:

If you do it for the wrong reason or your not ready, regardless of why, the uhaul will be back in no time.

1st question I want to ask that nobody else has is how long have you two been together ?
If it's only a couple months then ok slow down but if it's been six months or closer to a yr then just me I would say your trying to have your cake and eat it to .
Are you two and have you two been the only ones your seeing or is it still an open relationship where you both are together with poss of seeing others ?

After several months of being together it is only natural she would want to move in and become a 'couple' rather than just boyfriend and girlfriend dating ?
Does she want to move in to your house/apt or you move into hers ?
Either way that can become very tricky and a prob cuz first arguement comes up it will be 'this is MY place' and not yours . If you two are both renting apts if and when you are ready to move in together I suggest you get a new place together so it will be 'y'alls' place and not place of one or the other.
If you move in together will it still be equal shares for all bills or will you be expected to 'man' up and pay all ?

BUT if you move in together just think of all the extra money you will have left over for more guns and mods on your bike :laugh:

Back