My Life in a Nutshell

Wrath

Donating Member
Registered
I am sure the story is probably very similar to alot of you, but I guess I need to Vent some. Divorced now, met a wonderful Girlfreind, Grew really close. She really completed me more so much more than the Ex ever could have. We talked of Marrage. At the Job, my shop closed, was forced to "Bump" someone out of their job at a much further location, took a $4 hr. paycut just to keep a job. Finances now in ruins... Wednesday, My soulmate, My Girlfreind tells me, She now has Cancer... The last couple years in my life have just been for crap. I have strong faith and pray everyday, all day. pray for everyone I know. All I ask is that you Pray for my Girlfreind Laura. She is my world and I love her.

I Pray for you and Laura. I feel your anxiety and pain, having endured similar. May I ask what kind of cancer does laura have? Has it gone into lymph nodes?

Good luck, Wrath. It's a tough world these days, and even without your own work-related issues, Laura's situation is going to present some tough decisions and real challenges.

Keep a positive demeanor with yourself and always be strong for her. She needs you now more than ever.

Please keep us posted.

I am sure the story is probably very similar to alot of you, but I guess I need to Vent some. Divorced now, met a wonderful Girlfreind, Grew really close. She really completed me more so much more than the Ex ever could have. We talked of Marrage. At the Job, my shop closed, was forced to "Bump" someone out of their job at a much further location, took a $4 hr. paycut just to keep a job. Finances now in ruins... Wednesday, My soulmate, My Girlfreind tells me, She now has Cancer... The last couple years in my life have just been for crap. I have strong faith and pray everyday, all day. pray for everyone I know. All I ask is that you Pray for my Girlfreind Laura. She is my world and I love her.
Much prayers sent Wrath.
I know that it may be of little consolation to you at this time, but KNOW that you're not in it alone. I've been to hell and back... a few times.
If God himself had come down and stood in front of me and told me what the last 12 years of my life would be, I wouldnt have believed his very words... which, as we all know, had THAT happened, woulda been my biggest mistake. I didnt have that luxury, but if I knew then what I know now, my emotional preparedness woulda helped me a ton.
Strength takes a lot of different forms, but we all have it. It just sucks out loud that it takes a tragedy to find it.

Some people claim to be weak emotionally, but I disagree... the fact that they are here to say that in the first place is proof that to date, they've survived what life has thrown at them, cause NOBODY can dodge lifes curve balls.

Somebody told me this a while ago, and its stuck with me ever since:
Remember that virtually EVERYONE can break your heart with the story of something they've been thru.

I find that sentiment very useful in dealing with people that I run across in daily life that seem all wound up, and take it out on others... its not about the event currently taking place... its really about their injury from some other event showing thru, something they did not effectively deal with at the time, and has now made them into a different person when faced with a situation that triggers those unprocessed emotions.

The key to successfully surviving these events is emotional strength, which is garnered by multiple sources... education, faith, support, etc, and being willing to hear, accept and adopt all these things as our lifes dictates. Really HEARING a theory that differs from our own mental "hardcopy", and being open enough to consider that it may actually be superior to our usual M.O. is one of the hardest things to overcome in life... after all, the way we deal with lifes situations was imprinted long ago, in childhood and adolescence, and is VERY difficult to overwrite.
For me, that has been the foundation to gaining the necessary emotional strength to overcome lifes unexpected potholes.

Obviously, none of us would choose to go thru a tragic or painful event, but they ARE unavoidable, and its what we do in the aftermath that draws the map for who we become in their wake, how we deal with the next event that comes our way, and whether ultimately the result is that we are centered, strong, and as prepared as we can be, or whether we become a casualty of these events.

PM if you need a good ear, and maybe some useful insight.
:please::please::please:

Last edited:
So Sorry man. Seem,s like the world is coming down on you sometimes but all we can do is pray and hope for the best. Been a really tough year around here too. Prayers sent for you'all.

Hang in there bro....while it may not seem like it now.......things are bound to turn around.

Prayer for Laura.

Stay strong and don't give up on yourself. Those who fail are those who lose faith and stop trying.

Prayers are with you and the lil lady.

Consider yourself and your girlfriend prayed for many times over. The fam at the oRg are all awesome and so kind and caring. You told the right people brother.

God Bless you both!

Back