my race Gixx1K is 99% completed

drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif

drools.gif

drools.gif

drools.gif

Very nice........actually to nice to race.

It might be just me, but I always assume at some point it's going to go down on the track and it would be a shame to waste that.  
beerchug.gif
thanx dude.

Actually, she's already been down a few times at the track. I just got tired of scratching my street plastics and opted for fiberglass raceglass. It's actually crash resistant and easier to repair. Also, the raceglass has an enclosed bellypan capable of containing fluids such as oil, water and gas. That's a requirement for racing.

Awesome Ryan!!

Don't forget to let me know when your racing, I'll do my best to make a race! You have to win that one though
winkold.gif
tounge.gif

The bike looks great! Love the paint, and believe me, I understand about painting in the garage!
beerchug.gif

The bike looks great! Love the paint, and believe me, I understand about painting in the garage!  
beerchug.gif
right on twotonevert. What sucked even more is the cold weather we've been having as of late. Paint doesn't want to adhere and dry. I had a couple problems with runs, but it wasn't anything 1500 grit wetsanding couldn't take care of.

Doing multiple coats took an entire day, compared to the couple of hours in a summer day. I was struck with some bad luck the last 2 months. When I really wanted to shoot, it didn't get warmer than 40 degrees, so I had to wait. But when I was busy with errands and absolutely couldn't shoot, we had a couple 70 degree days late December....
banghead.gif
 That sucked!! Anyways, it's overwith and I learned my lesson to not shoot paint when it's cold. But....I will change up the color scheme this summer and play around with some color-fade scheme ideas I've been drawing up. Man!! DIY paint is a lot of fun!!

Back