my race Gixx1K is 99% completed

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
after months of working on my Gixx, getting parts, painting my own bodywork (my 1st time shooting my own paint w/ new HVLP gun), fixing my blown fork seals, safety wiring, etc....She's pretty much done and ready for racing.

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

only thing left now is to get a custom map/dyno tune and fine tune/baseline setup my suspension at the next trackday. And then it'll be time to compete with WSMC (willow springs motorcycle club) and some select WERA West events. I'll keep everyone posted.

Looking good!
beerchug.gif

your hard work paid off,she looks great..nice Job  
beerchug.gif
thanx devldog. my knuckles are scraped thin, skin is dry, I've got sore muscles and am very tired, yet, relieved. Truthfully, I haven't ridden it yet. Though, I reckon, it'll pretty much ride just like my Gixx before I race prepped her, except now, my QUICKSHIFTER is finally operational
race.gif
super.gif

I can't wait to try full throttle, clutchless, upshifts.

You did a great job! Doesn't look like a first time project! Looks very professional! Is this your first year racing? Looking at the case cover, it looks stock? Do they let you race with stock case covers down there?

Cool Job!
thumb_up.gif

You did a great job! Doesn't look like a first time project! Looks very professional! Is this your first year racing? Looking at the case cover, it looks stock? Do they let you race with stock case covers down there?

Cool Job!
thumb_up.gif
Thanx Tuf!!

Yeah, those are stock covers (shame on me)
sadnews.gif
wowold.gif
. They don't allow it at all the racing orgs I plan on racing. That's part of the other 1% of the "still to do list." Thinking of getting Woodcrafts or Yoshimuras. Do you have any recommendations on a "value priced, yet, reliable" case cover?
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Dam man, bike looks amazing. I have to do the same for my 1000. I will save the racing for the 600 though and the 1000 for random trackdays.
Did you start track riding on the 1K or did you work up? I started on a 600 and still don't know if I have the discipline to ride my 1000 on the track without getting hamfisted. I guess I will find out at Road America this summer!

Nice work. Thats definately something to be proud of. Miss getting to go to the track with you guys, but it just won't work for me right now. Anyhow, great job.

Dam man, bike looks amazing. I have to do the same for my 1000. I will save the racing for the 600 though and the 1000 for random trackdays.
Did you start track riding on the 1K or did you work up? I started on a 600 and still don't know if I have the discipline to ride my 1000 on the track without getting hamfisted. I guess I will find out at Road America this summer!
Thanx bro. I'm actually suprised the paint came out as good as it did. I'm a perfectionist so, to me, it's a crap-a$$ job but it'll work for this season. I did spend a lot of time doing the prep work, i.e. wetsanding, fiberglass bondo shaping, shooting a couple coats of primer, etc. But, it'll only come out as clean as your garage will allow you to. But I did learn a lot of things along the way and I already know what I'm gonna do differently next time.

I actually started doing trackdays with my BUSA!!
thumb_up.gif
laugh.gif
But I worked my up to the Gixx1K. The reason I say 'up' is although the Gixx handles universes better than the Busa, its lightweight and gobs of HP will get you in more trouble if you're not good with the throttle. Especially if you're too greedy. When finances allow, I do plan on getting either an SV650, ZX-6R or even a EX500 and learn more about corner speed. I'm still a "point and shoot" kind of guy but I've been getting better with trailbraking and getting on the throttle much sooner.

Have fun at RA!!! I truly aspire to ride that track one of these days. It's definitely one of the fastest, if not THE FASTEST, track in the country right now. And it's B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! You should join us at the annual busa.org Miller Motorsports Park trackday bonanza!! 3 FULL DAYS OF THE 4.5 MILE FULL TRACK in all her REPAVED GLORY!!
clap.gif

Nice work.  Thats definately something to be proud of.  Miss getting to go to the track with you guys, but it just won't work for me right now.  Anyhow, great job.
Thanx Danny. So good to see you posting again. I defintely look forward to the day you can join us at the track again. But you're doing the SoCal ride, so I'll look for ya then.
ThumbsUp.gif

Very nice........actually to nice to race.

It might be just me, but I always assume at some point it's going to go down on the track and it would be a shame to waste that.
beerchug.gif

Nice job Ryan! Looks great. Your hard work paid off, that is a first rate job.

Back