Prices Fair ? ? ? (Track bike...not a Busa)

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
Since it's winter time, I figured that I would take my track bike to get checked out. The bike is a '98 GSXR-600, and has been a track-only bike since the day it rolled off the showroom. It's been owned by 2 WERA racers prior to myself...one an expert, the other a novice. Needless to say, it's seen its share of hard riding.

The shop I took it to is a very reputable shop in the Chicago area that specializes in building race bikes for professional racers...even a few of the AMA/CCS/WERA Pro's.

I took the bike in to have the following done:
<ul>[*]Compression check: all cylinders were 170-180psi
cool.gif

[*]Leakdown test: only 2%...they said the engine was in great shape.
[*]Clutch check due to slipping: Needed new steels/frictions/inner hub...complete rebuild
sad.gif

[*]Dyno check/tuning, and carb synch: no results yet.
[*]Frame alignment check: Found the trail measurement to be too short...needs realigned
wow.gif

[/list]

The shop is using a GMD Computrak frame measuring/straightening machine to do the frame adjustments, and their dyno is a Factory Pro EC997.

For all of this work to be done, they're charging right at $900.00. Does this sound like a fair price?

This is going to seriously cut into my track budget for this year, but at least I know that the bike will be 100% ready to go for next year. I guess the paint for the new bodywork will have to wait.

sounds decent i can get you a number so you can look into it i am sponsered by a shop that does that kind of work

Sounds good! I had my CBR chceck and aligned by GMD. The bike rode on rails when they were done. You had quite a bit of work done, Id say it was a good price/

Back