My personalized 2019. It's love

Dai & Bumblebee:
BST needs different sprocket on ABS as you noted.
I too find it amazing a 21-year-old bike is still relevant with minimal factory upgrades over the decades.
While the suspension could be tweaked a bit and the vibration could be engineered out of the bars, the Busa is an amazing beast that soaks up highway bumps and can lean over enough to drag your knee (did it on long I-95 exit loop). I'm stunned when I think of the design age.
Transmission is incredibly slick. Among the best, if not the best, in my garage gang. Fit and finish is very good as well. Ahead of Kawasaki, not quite Honda or Ducati. But that's a nit pick. It's all about the engine, which as every one here knows, is absolutely killer and addicting.
Had it +44 over the ton without even a tiny anal pucker. Trust it implicitly like my CBR1000RR, which I used to race before my aging reflexes made it imprudent. That too is a monster, but of a different sort.
I'm absolutely delighted by this machine and believe the CF wheels will be the icing on the cake.
Have a friend who wants to dramatically change the flash on my chip.
Bike was not dyno-tuned after Power Commander and exhaust. Told I didn't need it. Plus I wanted to break the engine in a bit.
Opinions?

Vibration in the bars? Never, with or without HeliBars. I’d look for the cause if you’re feeling vibration in the bars.

I have grip puppies on my Busa. They helped a lot. I noticed there is a little more vibration in my ZX14 bars so I just put a pair of those puppies on today.

What are grip puppies?
Foam bar grips...

download 1.jpg

I tried a version of those on my 93 Suzuki 1400 Intruder years ago and found that the increased thickness was ok but since they were spongy I had to actually grip them harder to maintain a good grip. Wore my hands out so is switched to the same size but solid grips. Was a real benefit. Of course, for short rides they’d be fine but all day, uh uh. Just my experience.

Back