My personalized 2019. It's love

Walris

Registered
The more I ride this, the more I love it. Fabulous bike, purchased as new 2019 leftover a few weeks ago. Amazingly doesn't feel like a whale, which was my original concern. Nearly as flickable as my CBR 1000RR
Here are my mods:
Power commander
Quick shifter
Full Akro exhaust
Helibars
Grips
Throttle lock
Double bubble
Yosimora tail eliminator
New Image seat (one-inch lower)
Knight Design one inch lower footpads with teeth grips
Tank bag lock.
Going to add CF wheels when tires wear out
IMG_0493.jpg

Actually, I always let my friends ride my bikes - as long as I'm with them. Though there are some I trust enough just to give them the keys, say have fun and come back within a week.
My wife and I have a mini-fleet. Bikes are meant to be ridden and enjoyed. It gives me pleasure to let folks try different bikes. One of the frustrations of shopping all Japanese brands - no test rides. I felt buying the Hayabusa was a crap shoot because I'd never ridden it.
Reviews only say so much. Not the same as actual seat time.
Have BMW K1200 GT bought used after lots of reviews, which mentioned a 4500 RPM buzz. I thought that's okay. Now I hate the buzz and it's making me consider selling. A test ride would have solved that. (Know BMW now offers test rides - but not on used).

Koo koo ka choo!

Man I really LOVE the busa's new graphics. That's the second color I've seen with the new graphics and both look spectacular. I might have to use that on my 08. It is really cool how Suzuki lets the logo be interrupted by holes in the fairings. They've been doing that for a while on the literbikes.

Going to add CF wheels when tires wear out

If you go with BST, go with the Rapid TEKs. That's going to be the overall best for weight reduction and also strength and MOI. Pretty much the overall winner. I have the money to get my set of Rapid TEKS right now, I'm just dragging my feet. One thing is that Brocks can't tell me for sure what if anything needs to be done to create a perfect fit on a non ABS busa. The restocking fee is $500 and you can't return if you've installed them.

I started my comments at the top of p2 on this thread

Since the group shot above (taken earlier this year) - the VFR is gone to a collector, the V-Rod was sold (cooked my thigh for 35K miles & enough was enough) and the beautiful, but rarely ridden Ducati EVO Corse SE (only 1500 miles) was sold to another collector. The Street Glide Special is also gone.
Replaced with the Busa, this limited edition Triumph 765 and a 2020 CVO Street Glide, which I bought for the safety/traction upgrades. Also showing my race bike - 1100 Ducati EVO Monster - right after we put a Paul Smart fairing on early this spring. This bike stays at a racing shop - hence all the other motorcycles in photo.
Over years I've had many, many. I'm objective about them. The Busa is fantastic - one of my all-time faves.
IMG_7402.JPG

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Koo koo ka choo!

Man I really LOVE the busa's new graphics. That's the second color I've seen with the new graphics and both look spectacular. I might have to use that on my 08. It is really cool how Suzuki lets the logo be interrupted by holes in the fairings. They've been doing that for a while on the literbikes.

If you go with BST, go with the Rapid TEKs. That's going to be the overall best for weight reduction and also strength and MOI. Pretty much the overall winner. I have the money to get my set of Rapid TEKS right now, I'm just dragging my feet. One thing is that Brocks can't tell me for sure what if anything needs to be done to create a perfect fit on a non ABS busa. The restocking fee is $500 and you can't return if you've installed them.

I started my comments at the top of p2 on this thread

Get the 08-12 range and it’ll bolt on perfectly but you do need a sprocket to match as standard won’t fit.

Get the 08-12 range and it’ll bolt on perfectly but you do need a sprocket to match as standard won’t fit.
I'd just buy the decals if they are available and stick them on my 08.

The 2013 sprocket is different than 08-12? How, why? Technically this is not a threadjack since Walris' busa must have the updated sprocket too.

I'd just buy the decals if they are available and stick them on my 08.

The 2013 sprocket is different than 08-12? How, why? Technically this is not a threadjack since Walris' busa must have the updated sprocket too.
What?. We’re talking BST’s correct?. The 13 onwards is for the ABS and has holes drilled for that reason, no point having them done if you can get the wheel suited to the year.

The sprocket for BST’s is a different bolt pattern to standard so the applicable sprocket is required, 08 - current for that.

Dai & Bumblebee:
BST needs different sprocket on ABS as you noted.
I too find it amazing a 21-year-old bike is still relevant with minimal factory upgrades over the decades.
While the suspension could be tweaked a bit and the vibration could be engineered out of the bars, the Busa is an amazing beast that soaks up highway bumps and can lean over enough to drag your knee (did it on long I-95 exit loop). I'm stunned when I think of the design age.
Transmission is incredibly slick. Among the best, if not the best, in my garage gang. Fit and finish is very good as well. Ahead of Kawasaki, not quite Honda or Ducati. But that's a nit pick. It's all about the engine, which as every one here knows, is absolutely killer and addicting.
Had it +44 over the ton without even a tiny anal pucker. Trust it implicitly like my CBR1000RR, which I used to race before my aging reflexes made it imprudent. That too is a monster, but of a different sort.
I'm absolutely delighted by this machine and believe the CF wheels will be the icing on the cake.
Have a friend who wants to dramatically change the flash on my chip.
Bike was not dyno-tuned after Power Commander and exhaust. Told I didn't need it. Plus I wanted to break the engine in a bit.
Opinions?

Dai & Bumblebee:
I too find it amazing a 21-year-old bike is still relevant with minimal factory upgrades over the decades.
While the suspension could be tweaked a bit and the vibration could be engineered out of the bars, the Busa is an amazing beast that soaks up highway bumps and can lean over enough to drag your knee (did it on long I-95 exit loop). I'm stunned when I think of the design age.
Transmission is incredibly slick. Among the best, if not the best, in my garage gang. Fit and finish is very good as well. Ahead of Kawasaki, not quite Honda or Ducati. But that's a nit pick. It's all about the engine, which as every one here knows, is absolutely killer and addicting.
Had it +44 over the ton without even a tiny anal pucker. Trust it implicitly like my CBR1000RR, which I used to race before my aging reflexes made it imprudent. That too is a monster, but of a different sort.
I'm absolutely delighted by this machine and believe the CF wheels will be the icing on the cake.
Bike was not dyno-tuned after Power Commander and exhaust. Told I didn't need it. Plus I wanted to break the engine in a bit.
Opinions?

The ECU flash could be handy if for nothing else to lower the cooling fan temperature of engagement.

If it were me, I'd get it professionally tuned just to be sure it is where it should be.

Dai & Bumblebee:
Opinions?
Not sure what he plans on changing with the flash but the basic flash that most do such as @boostedcycleperf is definitely worth doing. As far add being told u didn't need a dyno run after installing the power commander that's probably true BUT if you want the absolute most out of what toy have done and want the bike completely spot on then a dyno is the only option.

Opinions?

Read this:

What?. We’re talking BST’s correct?. The 13 onwards is for the ABS and has holes drilled for that reason, no point having them done if you can get the wheel suited to the year.

The sprocket for BST’s is a different bolt pattern to standard so the applicable sprocket is required, 08 - current for that.
LOL two ideas going on in the same thread. I'll send you a PM. If you know for sure BST Rapid TEKs will fit an 08, I'm getting them!

Back