My next bike 1050 V strom XT Adventure

c10

Registered
Finally a unit to see in person . Fit n finish is very good. No yellow for the adventure model ,but black ,and grey like RJ .

20200415_120728.jpg

20200415_121038.jpg

20200415_120713.jpg

20200415_120717.jpg

20200415_121223.jpg

20200415_121042.jpg

20200415_121049.jpg

20200415_120536.jpg

20200415_120519.jpg

Nice to see you considering that bike. Told you they were cool and known to be bullet proof. I do like the previous design better than the latest update they did to it, though.

Nice to see you considering that bike. Told you they were cool and known to be bullet proof. I do like the previous design better than the latest update they did to it, though.
My buddy likes the older design to , and why he bought a 2019 model. I like the new design more with the larger throttle bodies , more power / torque , AND CRUISE CONTROL :) TFT dash with usb / 12 v outlet teamed with a mounting bar for GPS or cell phone . I'm not the yellow fan , but the black / grey or white /red are nice . Love the full front fender to keep mud / water off the radiator . The clutch cover has a great protection cover . Rear shock has plenty of usable pre load adjustment . The hayabusa sato racing arm will fit the V strom , and give me GP shift :) Seat is decent , but probably get ditched for another Russel day long .
This is a year or two maybe even longer with the economy now :( However that may be a good thing to find a used one to ride for making sure its what I want .

My buddy likes the older design to , and why he bought a 2019 model. I like the new design more with the larger throttle bodies , more power / torque , AND CRUISE CONTROL :) TFT dash with usb / 12 v outlet teamed with a mounting bar for GPS or cell phone . I'm not the yellow fan , but the black / grey or white /red are nice . Love the full front fender to keep mud / water off the radiator . The clutch cover has a great protection cover . Rear shock has plenty of usable pre load adjustment . The hayabusa sato racing arm will fit the V strom , and give me GP shift :) Seat is decent , but probably get ditched for another Russel day long .
This is a year or two maybe even longer with the economy now :( However that may be a good thing to find a used one to ride for making sure its what I want .
This sure are nice upgrades compared to outgoing model.

That's a great bike B. With the camping trips and all you are going to really love it. The Suzuki punches above it's pay grade in all the comparisons and is said to be a ton of bike for the $$$.

That's a great bike B. With the camping trips and all you are going to really love it. The Suzuki punches above it's pay grade in all the comparisons and is said to be a ton of bike for the $$$.
I would really love a GS1250 like yours ,but think this will fit my budget much better .
Spent time on KTM , and Yamaha super tenere. Both great but taller the ktm , and heavier the Super T .

I would really love a GS1250 like yours ,but think this will fit my budget much better .
Spent time on KTM , and Yamaha super tenere. Both great but taller the ktm , and heavier the Super T .
Not a real fan of the Yamaha but the KTM is a really fun bike. The Triumph Tiger is good too but costs as much as the BMW.

A massive improvement over the older gen model, the cruise control is perfect and the dash finally brings it forward. Plenty of power and would be ideal for a commuter or long distance travelling.

Almost felt disappointed getting off it after 700kms of weekly commute.

These Stroms are tried, trued and great platforms...even in the old guise there are many with over a hundred thousand of miles with no issues.

Very BMW-ish without the ginormous price tag and maintenance nightmare.

Boss lady on the Busa?? Well done her....

The thought of trading in my concours for a Strom has definitely crossed my mind. Wish I was rich, so I could keep them all. Lol

Well looks like the wife will get one down the road . She really likes it , and after some research of the 30 mm lower seat , and lowering plates this will work for her . No intentions of off road riding for her .
Guess it will work out in my favor as I ride about 7,000 miles per year more than her so if wanted to could ride the V strom :)

I test drove a Super T about a year or more ago before I bought my old FJR. I did like the shaft drive not having the need for chain maintenance especially for an adventure bike. Just not as much fun as my Busa to ride.

I test drove a Super T about a year or more ago before I bought my old FJR. I did like the shaft drive not having the need for chain maintenance especially for an adventure bike. Just not as much fun as my Busa to ride.
I have a Super 10 here , and have clocked about 400 miles between three super tens . two stock , and one flashed with Akro exhaust . I like the bike , and 6.1 gallons of fuel / side mount radiator .
The extra 45 pounds though , and shaft drive are the turn off . Use to love shaft , but having a chain to play with gearing as the factory choice is almost never what the end user wants . Shaft does cut down on expenses though .

Well looks like the wife will get one down the road . She really likes it , and after some research of the 30 mm lower seat , and lowering plates this will work for her . No intentions of off road riding for her .
Guess it will work out in my favor as I ride about 7,000 miles per year more than her so if wanted to could ride the V strom :)
So....the Boss Lady is getting the Strom? I thought she was getting the Busa...Maybe she can get the 650 Strom and you get the 1000? They can be the same color and everything...

I recently scooped up a 650 strom and it is a extremely fun bike. It has a staintune slip on and with the way the engine and gearbox behave it is probably the most rewarding bike I’ve ridden

Back