I am considering HAYABUSA as my next bike. What problem(s) have you encountered?

I would like to hear about it before I make a purchase. Thanks

If you can swing it, get the Gen-II, lots of great deals out there for used models.

Only problem with mine is a long long list of things I didn't like got made into the mod list.

Now that the mods are nearly all done to the Gen-II, that's a whole new problem.

The stock brakes suck btw. Toss 'em if they're stock on what you get.

7993774405_49535f1344_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Main problem is your cheeks hurt......from grinning. I also hate it when cars pull up next to me and give a thumbs up or honk their horns. Also when folks walk up and ask "is it fast?" Yeah that really bugs me. I hate it when I pull up to a nice expensive sports car and they rev their engine. I just look at them and shake my head like "Really?" Even more when it's a Mustang or Camaro. I hate it when someone asks "Is that one of them there Habaroosas? Yeah, cheeks hurt from smiling, that is the worst!

Do you just commute, I'm kinda of sorta aggressive at times. 15K, that's awesome.

Yup, commute every day. Tour and some twisties too. I don't get too ham fisted with the throttle, and run 42psi on both. Tire are just too darn expensive, so I make them last. :thumbsup:

Too many compliments, I get sooooo tired from saying "Thank you" and "I really appreicate that" and "Yes I know your Harley is slow"

get a gen 2 your wont regret it i use to ride a cbr 600rr then got a 06 busa 2 years ago got a 08 busa and i love it amazing power lots of mods and best of all the busa family is world wide

I wouldn't call them a problem, but these things can be annoying as heII. :rofl: And they always seem to pop up from nowhere just when your getting your nice groove going.

cop-in-side-mirror-smaller.jpg

I appreciate all of your inputs. It sounds like most are happy with the purchase. I'm looking at 2012 Hyabusa and will trade in my cruiser for a reasonable trade.

As a recommendation the 2011 White Hayabusa is the best and fastest year. Quote "Want nothing but the best! Want a ZX-14 smashing, BMW beating balls to the wall machine, Then be sure to grab a new 2011 White Suzuki Hayabusa white supplies last!" J-Rod Magazine :laugh: :beerchug:

awesome bike! owned 2 and have ridden them for the past 12yrs. it's heavy for a sportbike so you really can't compare her to your cruiser because the ergo's can be challenging with the bus. very reliable machine and the only downside as mentioned are tires. if you like a quick heat cycle, the dunnlop q2's are perfect but expect a rear swap around 2-3k. good luck with your purchase. :beerchug:

Only problem I have ever had is not knowing how to work on the bike myself and paying these fuggin' "highway robbery mechanics" ridiculous amounts of money to do the work for me:angry:. Hell...this winter I spent 4000 on mods that I wanted and payed another 2300 to have them installed:(. If I only had a friend that knew his stuff and was willing to teach me:cry:.

the pr3's seem to last along time on the Busa's, my buddy has a set with 17000km, o/e set lasted only 4500km.They are my next set for sure.

Only problem I have ever had is not knowing how to work on the bike myself and paying these fuggin' "highway robbery mechanics" ridiculous amounts of money to do the work for me:angry:. Hell...this winter I spent 4000 on mods that I wanted and payed another 2300 to have them installed:(. If I only had a friend that knew his stuff and was willing to teach me:cry:.

I'm in the same boat Cap. awful feeling.

Well the right handle bar grip does not need allot of twisting to get going way faster than the posted speed limit I'm told................: :rofl: Other than that it does not blow up @ 3550km like my zx14 did.:welcome:

The only problem Ive found is I cant ride her enough and Ive put 4000 miles on through the winter. Cant wait for summer.

What ever you do don't get the Orange Colour as its the Fastest one . There good for an extra 10 rwhp

Only problem i have / had is that once i rode a busa i was smitten and every other bike i've tried since selling my 03' just doesn't make me feel happy....tried an 09' zx14 and whilst it was faster it is soulless...working on getting either a 12' or 13' model at the moment.
They have a world wide following for a good reason.
Issues....minimal....had a bking for a while and apart from being fussy about spark plugs and fresh fuel it was faultless....bking calipers are better than busa ones so its a cheap upgrade.

Things to watch out for....

1) This site - The people on here are asses! You'll hate them every moment of everyday!
2) The mod bug - This is a tiny insect that pierces your celebellum and entices you to buy things you "need"
3) Refer to #1. I was joshing, I love these asses!
4) Speed - She is QUICK!!
6) Bad gas - the fuel filters are expensive
7) Ugly girls - They will FLOCK to you
8) There is no #5
9) Hot girls - They will FLOCK to you
10) Ricers - People WILL try to race you

Back