I am considering HAYABUSA as my next bike. What problem(s) have you encountered?

I feel more confident about the purchase since hearing from all of you. The comments have been mostly positive. I've alway loved the BUSA. I will post again after the purchase. Thanks

Overall a problem free bike . Never any reliability issues and I've been riding my '08 for 4 years .Returns anywhere from 45-57mpg depending on how hard I push it . Also it's easy on the wallet insurance wise(at least for me) .

do it you won't regret it
got mine 2 years ago at age 50 and love every minute on it
trying to get some ideas for mods right now and looking forward to this season
good luck with your decision

Hey Stormbusa, that's why your suppose to carry an extra of shorts in your hump..LOL Or at least plan out on your trips close to a Sears LOL.:thumbsup:

BTW Orange is the fastest........................why else did they only make it one year? Its that Candy additive that makes it so much faster.:beerchug:

Only problem i've encountered was the huge hole in my wallet for insurance monthly but thats life. Im not going to let insurance companies make it so I cant ride. I know they're fast and dangerous but $180 a month is beyond ridiculous.

wow brother. where do you live dude???You don't want to know what we pay in Alberta for a year. hows $ 330.00 per/year over 1000cc and $ 250.00 for 500cc-1000cc . Under 500cc is from $85.00-$125.00

WOW:poke:

wow brother. where do you live dude???You don't want to know what we pay in Alberta for a year. hows $ 330.00 per/year over 1000cc and $ 250.00 for 500cc-1000cc . Under 500cc is from $85.00-$125.00

WOW:poke:

Utah. Which is lame we can only ride like 6 months a year. This is under my dad too who is 62 married homeowner with one speeding ticket for him in the last 5 years. I honestly will be amazed if I keep riding at that price. But I will for this summer at least.

It will not throw any nasty surprises and will be as easy or difficult depending upon your orientation to maintain and run like any other recent sports bike. It will need tyres twice or thrice or maybe even 4 times a year depending upon how much and how you ride it. You real expenses will pile on when you start modding it. The busa has a very extensive after market part support and you ll be hard-pressed not to venture into it.

As a recommendation the 2011 White Hayabusa is the best and fastest year. Quote "Want nothing but the best! Want a ZX-14 smashing, BMW beating balls to the wall machine, Then be sure to grab a new 2011 White Suzuki Hayabusa white supplies last!" J-Rod Magazine :laugh: :beerchug:
Always the humor :laugh:

snopes.com Black Busi are the fastest :whistle:

There is a general trend about hayabusa owners...buy 1 and keep it for ages, then buy a newer one and keep it ages and so on...some like me venture away to try other bikes and end up coming back...its one of those bikes and no matter how much you mod it you'll still want to do more...not because theres anything that really needs changed but more the fact that you can do mods to it and the list of bits available is endless.

I have a 2012 black one.... Shhh... it's the fastest color.

just brought it in for the 600 mile service and throttle sync. I will do my own service after this.

Only problem I've had so far is the kid with the friend who has the 600 that will smoke my bike...

I can't find that "friend" and I have been looking everywhere...

:laugh:

Boy, lots of self congratulatory wanking in this thread. :whistle:

If you consider a gen 1 get an '03 or later as by '03 Suzuki had fixed the bendy aluminum sub frame, the clogging fuel filters, the cam chain problems and the starter gear issues. The '03 and later also have the 32 bit upgraded ECU.

Here's a list;

From Suzuki + Haynes manuals:

1999 (GSX1300R-X) - 1st model year.

2000 (GSX1300R-Y):
- Crankcase breather arrangement changed - no oil catch tank + larger breather housing; resulting in a smaller oil capacity.
-Clutch spring length + spring support bolt length increased.
- Fuel feed + return hoses changed + re-routed. Design of fuel level sensor + low level warning switch changed.

2001 (GSX1300R-K1):
- Cam chain tensioner design changed along with its housing to allow reception of oil from the front passage in the crankcase.
- Fuel pump moved inside the tank, incorporating the fuel filter and pressure regulator as well as a mesh strainer and a new fuel level sensor and low level warning switch. Having the pressure regulator inside the tank eliminated the need of the fuel return hose from the delivery rail on the throttle bodies, with the consequence being that the supply hose and fuel delivery rail arrangement was changed.

2002 (GSX1300R-K2):
- Clutch plate arrangement modified to incorporate an anti-rattle spring and spring seat. Clutch release cylinder piston and bore were reduced in diameter.
- Exhaust system incorporates an oxygen sensor which communicated with the ECM to reduce emission levels. To do this, the PAIR system control valve is triggered by a solenoid that is controlled by the ECM.

2003 (GSX1300R-K3):
- Incorporated a torque limiter on the motor idle/reduction gear train to dampen initial torque and reduce stress on individual components.

2004 (GSX1300R-K4):
- No significant changes.

2005 (GSX1300R-K5):
- Headlight electronically turned off during engine start to reduce battery load.
- Graphite LE edition made just slightly faster than other editions.
- First year of clear plastic front turn signals.

2006 (GSX1300R-K6):
- No significant changes.

cheers
ken

Overall a problem free bike . Never any reliability issues and I've been riding my '08 for 4 years .Returns anywhere from 45-57mpg depending on how hard I push it . Also it's easy on the wallet insurance wise(at least for me) .

+1 on the insurance thing. It blew me away when I got quoted. I thought it was going to be twice as much.

Back