My new seat, not a tobin, custom stingray

I could have had a one piece pan cover but would have had to had the White stripe pattern down the center and thought it would look like somebody uh, eh "made a mess on the seat..."

Grump, I would be a player on the Toben for $150 no old seat exchange. Shoot me a pm if interested.

As long as it works for you! Seems a little loose and unkept for me, but if it keeps your butt comfortable that's all that matters.

Nice and different without being lame.
thumbs-up.gif
At least it doesn't have some name brand slapped across it or another dozen kanjis.

looks good, I dunno how it's going to hold up, but it's cool.

That is a really nice custom seat... Like Rev said, atleast it doesn't have a bunch of Kanji's all over it....very nice
cool.gif

My Torbin doesn't have the stiches across the front of the seat near the tank
rock.gif
And it looks like the fabric on the new seat isn't pulled tight or something . It looks loose. I'm just such a fan of the Torbin I may be a little bias.

My Torbin doesn't have the stiches across the front of the seat near the tank
rock.gif
And it looks like the fabric on the new seat isn't pulled tight or something . It looks loose. I'm just such a fan of the Torbin I may be a little bias.
T.O.B.I.N

Tobin,
thumbs-up.gif

I like your Tobin alot more, BUT, for the skins, I would have opted for Snake or Shark ! Just my opinion, Shark (cause I have shark skin boots and they last forever no matter what gets on them
laugh.gif
out here) or Snake (which I also have in boots and they look
tounge.gif
GREAT) !

My Corbin
Hey that corbin looks familiar! Oh thats because it is on my busa now! I bought it from you back in march and I love it!

As for the new seat I will give my 2 cents worth. I applaud the use of the stingray hide! Don't see it every day except on cowboy boots. Whats the texture like? Isn't that stuff like sandpaper? If so watch for paint contact. What kind of thread did he use? Gore tex makes some really strong and durable thread that is big in the marine business right now. Not really liking all of the seams on the Top surface. Alright if you never park in the rain but seams leak unless they are sealed. Lastly it doesn't look like the upholsterer pulled it quite taught in the (red)hump area when he was assembling it.

It is Gortex thread, It is as tight as it's gonna get, the stuff is wicked stiff when new. There is a liner under the skin for the water issues if it gets in. The texture is rough but smooth if that makes any sense. No issues for the paint, he used leather on all the contact areas.

Very pricey for a bike seat, but I'm a little indifferent about it. I think the texture is what throws me off. But hey!! It's your money and your bike...
biggrin.gif

I like your new seat. And I really like your scoot!

On some of the shots the seat makes me think, truck bed liner, though.

But, I still like it. Keep us posted on the break in, I am sure it is very comfy.

The only thing I don't like is all the seams but I understand why they have o be there. If it's comfy then great. I gotta say I love the white in the red part. IMO that would have looked sharp going down the top of the seat. Like a pair of boots. Just my 2¢

So DeJaVu'ish..my buddy told me about his Stingray seat for his 1k, and how comfy it was etc....the seat grips, but still lets you slide when you need to flick corners and stuff. I like it. As soon as I looked at it, I knew the additional seams were there for lack of huge hides and to keep contour conformity, so not even worth worrying about. Enjoy it and if the craftsmanship is there, you'll love it for years to come. (now if it were solid black with the white markings down the middle, or sides, I know someone that would want to snatch it up from you!).

It looks too wrinkled for lack of a better description. Does not have that clean line look that the Tobin or Corbin have. I think the stock would look better and I don't like the stock in comparision to Tobin or Corbin. It just looks messy to me and detracts from the overall look of the bike. You asked for honesty and that is my honest opinion. I guess as long as you are sitting on it and comfortable, that is all that matters. Perhaps the guy who made it can tighten it up?

Back