My ~~NEW~~ Kanji LED's :D :D

well, without further ado.... :D

:beerchug:

all pics taken in the semi dark, with only one garage light on.

Colton
2011-03-29_03-34-12_921.jpg

2011-03-29_03-33-55_562.jpg

2011-03-29_03-33-44_439.jpg

2011-03-29_03-33-09_955.jpg

2011-03-29_03-32-19_820.jpg

2011-03-29_03-32-07_994.jpg

2011-03-29_03-31-10_147.jpg

2011-03-29_03-34-23_149.jpg

wiring required me to:

pull up the tank and set it on its stand

front and rear seat off

drill a hole (or in my case three, since I kept forgetting that I couldnt put the relay switch where my %$@ing damn cowl went in) and feed the switch through

not too hard, but I failed on understanding electricity so it took me a bit longer.

yes, just a stick on-- used isopropanol on a rag that wouldnt shed particulates to clean off the existing LED's, cleaned all surfaces, and used electrical tape to tie down wires to the fairing.

took me about 3-4 hours for me to make it flawless.

used an extra length of wire just to make soddering a little bit easier.

running a lead directly to the battery, just winched down under the bolts.

they are overlays, and I would consider priming over them, but they really dont stick up too much, and if the bike goes down im pretty sure that these LED's are going to be the last thing i give half a sheize about.

regardless, they are bumped up, not dramatically though... looking from afar you can barely see it.

the one thing I hated was that for the actual wiring input for the LED's the covering was white--- completely the wrong color for my bike...

.. this was even worse when on my left side (sitting on the bike) the LED didnt wrap all the way around, so part of the covering is slightly showing on the side.

I just primed and spraypainted it, let it sit, and you can't even see it without getting up close and personal.

It's about time you posted these pics jeeze lol i'm just messing with you they look great :beerchug:

did you purchase these off EBAY like myself, or elsewhere, mines are blue LED on a silver grey edition. Im waiting to pick up my bike from shop so if mines come out anywhere like yours ill be extremely pleased.

looks good...i may buy and put on side of my truck once i get it painted

:D

can't wait to show them off at the bash, going to be a hell of a good time.

yes, its kind of a stick on-- im having some trouble with getting the right side wiring to stay stuck to the heat foam on the inside of the fairing-- i have it electrical taped now, might switch it to something else like just an epoxy on the wires.

also, the directions say not to bend them, but i wrapped them a bit under on the right side under the nose-- works fine, came up once (as in lost its stick) but it's been fine ever since-- I may end up epoxy'ing that too if it comes back up.

whats y'alls suggestions on getting it to stick real well? any kind of gorilla glue or something that people know works well for having things stick to fairing / having wires stick to fairing?

c

Ive got a set of lighted kanjis I havent used yet. Just never got around to getting them on. Maybe some non-lazy day...
Love your work though, gives me quite a few ideas.

Back