D&D haters

chain

Registered
Why do I hear so many folks speak poorly of D&D? They appear to be pretty well made (based on what I can see in photos) and according to what I'm told, they're not THAT much louder than anything else if you just do the slip-ons (something about the stock busa midpipes being restrictive and helping to quiet the bike down? - I've heard this from more than one reputable member here).

I guess my question for those of you with stock headers and D&D slip-ons, are they really that loud on your busa or can you get out of the neighborhood in the morning w/o making your neighbors mad?

I've heard a busa with Yoshi RS-3s on it and that didn't sound overly harsh . . . just to compare.

I've recently taken a liking to the D&D slip ons...Their a tad louder than the Yosh's but to me it sounds meaner...I would put them on my bike if I were looking for slip ons...
evil.gif

I had D&D's on mine before the full system and liked them. They are not as loud as I figured them to be. If I had to go that route again, I would still get the D&D's.

I have some d&Ds on my bike and i love them they're nice and loud kind of like running an open exhaust. But i have a full system. I think a lot of people hate them becasue they are the older people, and ill stop at that to keep from being flamed. Ill post a pic of my pipes becasuse the logo on mine is black and it matches my black and silver bike perfectly.

take your stock cans off and run it.
the D&D are no louder than that PERIOD. because the stock header with no cans is not loud!

how much power should u get from full dandd system?

I hate Em' cause nothin worth having ever came outta Texas...  

Playin playin...
OK OK...  But here is what I was Thinking for your SE.

Busa%20bkrd%20so-1sm.jpg

OR A pair of these:
1-ck-red.jpg

He he... Prolly Too Much visually...

StarCycle<----  Don't know much about them but they have a lot of stuff...

Remus?

bdm.com

I dunno, Like I mentioned, I would consider getting the bolt ons from a smaller company just to be different if nothing else.

However, unless things have changed a whole lot in four years there isn't really an abundance of Busa's in your area...

Hope I was helpful earlier Have fun choosing the right flavor...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097712506 -->

if youre goin with micron i hope price is not a factor

I din't like em because I like a mellow tone/roar.
The D&Ds I have heard were too raspy, loud and obnoxious.

Just MY $.02

Gang, this is exactly the sort of feedback I was hoping to receive. Thanks to all of you who replied.

JC, I would have thought the D&Ds would be quieter than the stock headers w/o mufflers. Sorry dude, not sure what you're driving at. If you're suggesting D&D will be about as loud as running no mufflers at all, perhaps these cans aren't for me. Then again, I'd like to be able to hear the exhaust when I'm grunting around town and I don't do alot of WFO except for short blasts way out in the boonies, never in the city. So maybe I ought to try my first set of 'em.
eyes.gif

Revlis, you did help me alot, both here and via your PM, thanks again. Yes, Remus makes a pretty nice unit, but I had them on my Ducati MS4 and swapped 'em out in favor of Arrow (I told ya bro, I'm an exhaust addict!
laugh.gif
.)

That Micron you posted, that's pretty cool. Well, in fact you posted two, a black to red aluminum ano fade and a red/black carbon can. Personally, I think the aluminum unit looks a little nicer, but an all black or a red to black (instead of the other way around) would look cool too. Choices, choices. Oh, and what Him stated about cost is pretty accurate too, Micron doesn't come cheap.

But neither do your Akros, and they're sweet cans indeed.
super.gif

Hrmm...

No Sweat, oh and Johny cheese is saying that without any mufflers is as loud as a Stock busa header is EVER going to get. No matter what you do, it won't get louder regardless of the slip-on used. BUT, different pipes will provide a different tone. That's why I dig the Akro's at low Rpm, nice deep bass...
smile.gif

I had a buddy with a D&D full system on his 88 ZX-10...I had a Yoshi full system with race baffle on my 1000R (that fit and jetted like complete crap with the original Zyclone baffle in it...don't EVER use the Zyclone street baffles...they're junk)...at low speeds his D&D's were wayyy louder than my system....at higher speeds my system was quite abit louder than his...although the Yoshi system on his 95 1100 is actually very nice sounding...I would do Yosh over the D&D's myself
wink.gif

I myself have taken a liking to their sound. On the VA Fall ride Postal and someone else (sry can not remember his name..senior moment) had them and they sound purdy sweet...
smile.gif

I have to agree with Sleeper. I've had Yosh RS3 Race slip-ons and they were awesome. You can't really appreciate the sound unless you let someone else ride the bike and you can listen to it. I also loved the fit of the Yosh. They tapered inward toward the bike which helped with leaning clearance. D&D's are cool, but they stick out too far away from the bike for my tastes. They do have a nice growl though.

friend has yosh slip ons on his busa and they sound good i have full 4:2 D&D system and is it lound raspy and IN YOUR FACE...... when i pull up people know it and it is loud but will back it up as well....
cool.gif

Back