My Mother-In-Law…..(this one is kind of long)

My 12 year old daughter wanted to go to the mall a few weeks back and I told her no because she didn't clean her room.

" I told her she could go and clean her room when she gets back"

I went and picked her little butt up and told Ana to mind her own bees wax.

Melissa and I are the boss when it comes to the kids, respect that our get gone. That is a line I will not alow her to cross. My house, my rules.

Holly crap I sound like my dad.

You better sound like your Dad. I guess he did a good job raising you.

I hate to say it, "This is only going to get better". Boys and girls, get your popcorn out.

its a twisted slippery path you are on there ....

any time you combine family households it causes issues. Economics are the least of your concerns really, you need to make sure you set the rules and pecking order down asafp. I have found the pecking order is the biggest issue as you are starting to see.

We have had my MIL/FIL stay for weeks at a time and normally I dont mind and normally they dont get into the house politics BUT when they have its lead to them leaving within a day or 3. Its very difficult for someone who's been the master of their domain to come and live under someone else's rule.

The most important thing you can do prior to laying down your rules/pecking order and law is to make 1000000000% sure you and your wife are in lock step on what you will and will not tolerate in your household. Without this you will fail and as mentioned risk being voted out of the house.

Wait til the no good drug dealing son shows up wanting a handout too....

I'm laughing my arse off at the ones who say 'put the rules in writing!'
:rofl:

Hahahahaha!

This is your mother in law right? Your wife's mother right?

Your done! Just tuck your tail and get ready for the backseat cuz you just jumped in it.
My mil has lived in my home for six years. She has her own place which is an apartment the previous owners made out of the garage. We added a bathroom and sealed it off. She has her own door but spends 99% of her time in our side of the house. My wife and her are really close and watch their Spanish soaps together. My mil is a great cook and does watch the kids sometimes so she has her benefits.

The one thing I've learned though is when the wife and mil talk discuss and decide I'm worthless and not allowed to speak, so get used to it as I doubt you'll ever come between the wife and mil. They are gonna gang up on you :laugh:

My mil has lived in my home for six years. She has her own place which is an apartment the previous owners made out of the garage. We added a bathroom and sealed it off. She has her own door but spends 99% of her time in our side of the house.

Guess you didn't seal it off well enough.... :rofl:

I'm laughing my arse off at the ones who say 'put the rules in writing!'
:rofl:

Hahahahaha!

This is your mother in law right? Your wife's mother right?

Your done! Just tuck your tail and get ready for the backseat cuz you just jumped in it.
My mil has lived in my home for six years. She has her own place which is an apartment the previous owners made out of the garage. We added a bathroom and sealed it off. She has her own door but spends 99% of her time in our side of the house. My wife and her are really close and watch their Spanish soaps together. My mil is a great cook and does watch the kids sometimes so she has her benefits.

The one thing I've learned though is when the wife and mil talk discuss and decide I'm worthless and not allowed to speak, so get used to it as I doubt you'll ever come between the wife and mil. They are gonna gang up on you :laugh:
OK `Bots...revoke the MAN CARD....:rofl:

Ilike the part..added a bathroom and SEALED IT OFF:thumbsup:

mancard.jpg

Sounds like you are getting into it deep very quickly. If you reach an impasse with your MIL don’t expect your wife to choose your side. She might, but she might not. Your situation is rough because she is in your face and like was said before, used to making all the decisions. This has the feel of a long term situation. If your wife and her mom are close there is no way that I can see to ever get her to leave unless she decides to. You didn’t really have much of a choice though. She put you in a terrible position and honestly, she is an adult and never should have asked to move in knowing how many people are in your home. If you had tried to hold off on the move in and made some rules you could have been getting into bad water with the wife. I wish the best for you bro.

^^ Very true... My wife takes my side more than her moms,not because she really wants too, but she knows if we give control back to her mom we wont get it back. My wife is kind of a hot head with stuff so she trusts my level head and will back me most of the time. I have already told my wife if it gets too hard for us her mom will just have to learn how to live by herself or find a boyfriend. If she had a boy toy she wouldnt even be stayig with us. When she was dating she would blow us off to spend time with her man.

Get on line and get her a man. Promise the guy anything! She cooks, she cleans, she likes sex 24/7, she has money and she will take care of her man. An ad like that should get some quick responses. Ditch her quick and then say your prayers for having dodged a fatal bullet!:cheerleader:

Wow. Definitly lay down the rules. Trust me, I lived in a house with grandparents 5 minutes away and THEY ran our house! My parents had huge fights (well they fought about everything) over my mother's parents (aka MIL). You and your wife need to stand together on EVERYTHING. It can work and be a good thing for everyone, if the rules are followed. As for her son that might come around, I would let her know right now, if she is living under your roof, she is not to contribute to her son's bad habits. And if she does, then she can go and live with him. Take care, you and your wife are doing a good thing. :thumbsup:

Just so,, that you know,,, THE WORST MIL IN THE WORLD (AKA-SATAN) lives in SunCity Fla. OOh, I thank god on my knees everyday, that my X left, and the MIL/SATAN. Moved far-far away.:cheerleader: I just have to snicker a little at your situation, it dosn`t sound to bad,,, mine was worse. BELIEVE ME I BARELY LIVED THROUGH IT. Hope it works out for you.....

Back