My first time at track tonight with my car

mattyss

Rockin My Reflectors
Donating Member
Registered
I'm going to englishtown tonight with my car I never did this before had a few questions

1- my car has only 855 miles and i still haven't changed out the break in oil could i hurt the car racing it .

2- do you keep the traction control on or off

3- anything else i should know I have never even been to a track before just kind of going blind and hoping to figure things out any tips , pointers or advice would be great

1. never say never but it's doubtful
2. traction control OFF Traction control applies brake pressure to stop wheel spin. Not a desirable thing when trying to go as fast as possible.
3. Turn Off your Air Conditioner when you pay to get in. Leave it off until you've made your last pass.
Go around the water trap and back in partially. Spin rear tires (burn out) only long enough to ensure tread is clear of sand and debris. Radials don't get sticky from burn-outs no matter how "cool" it looks, It serves no real purpose.
When the last yellow is fully lit, floor it. Your reaction time isn't as fast as you think ;)
When staging, get in position and light up the first prestage light only. When your competitor lights his up, move forward and light the other. Sitting there fully staged is considered rude.
There's a ton more but watching others and talking to those participating will allow you to learn a lot quickly.
Have fun

there will be someone there to tell me how to stage like i see in pinks lol ?

Yeah, turn off the a/c! The officials and other racers do not like water in the staging lanes! If the car wants to spin when you launch, you will just have to adjust your gas pedal pressure as you get used to it.
Don't let the other guy sit there fully staged for a long period of time.
Always make sure the lane is clear before you turn off the track after your run. There have been plenty of accidents due to people not looking, then they hit the other guy trying to get off the track.

You will get used to it. It is FUN!! Just try to learn as much as you can from the other guys at the track. Most racers will help all they can.
super.gif

thanks for the quick answers my hayabusa brothers to the rescue again. Im getting ready to leave now ill post on here how i did when i get back tonight

(hbr @ Mar. 28 2007,16:20) Wait till Richard DROPS his arms................    
super.gif
jump9.gif
Alot funer to watch Richard drop his bike ...lol

Turn your headlights off.
Traction Control Off
If you have ABS Do not Power brake the car.....it messes with the system.

Track or STRIP? To me, a "track has many turns, and the "strip" is the strait line run

Got back a little while ago .It was a great time I only got to go 2 times there was 100s of cars . First run was against a civic that went 140+mph around 11 seconds I went 13.788 @105 and lost .Next time i went against an s2000 honda and won and it felt great even though it was test and tune and not really a race it still felt great to win ! my second run was 13.40 @ 106 here is a really bad pic but better then none at all i guess !! cant wait to go back thanks again too all for the tips earlier in the day

100_1351__Small_.jpg

here are the time slips I didnt think they would scan because they were very light but i made them a little darker they should come out ok

My_Document_Name.jpg

That civic must have a huge turbo and was on normal street tires...140mph should have been low 10's high 9's

the civic looked like junk and stalled after the waterbox but it flew i watched it all the way down the track

Back