Pulled over by police tonight in car. 2:51AM,Not Cool

???
Not sure on the responses you expected here. Crash at a place, take a cab to a dumpy hotel, call a friend and make them drive the distance and suck it up. These are all alternatives. Here refusing the test bumps you to the highest level of penalties equivalent to a .16 BAC or higher. It's not cool what you did, not that you got pulled over from my perspective.

If anyone EVER injures me while driving drunk, I will spend without limit to own them. Same with cell phone use while driving. Both are self serving acts in my book...............

When you get pulled over, it's best the officer finds a full 12 pack...not a half empty one~!~

Always think ahead and have someone that can drive or a place to stay, just my 2

...you got very very lucky...consider that you just used up your one free pass of "get out of jail card" tonight...chalk it up to your good looks...or whatever...but never ever drink and drive...it can mess up your life and someone elses life forever...and not in a nice way neither...glad you are okay...tell yourself...never ever again...2hip
+1000

what i really wish i could say would get me banned from the site...

so ill just leave it at, you belong in jail.... period...

:moon::moon::moon::moon:

if you are from MN which I am guessing you might be, food for thought
Upon certification by the officer that probable cause existed to believe the person had been driving, operating, or in physical control of a motor vehicle in violation of Minnesota's driving while impaired statute, and that the person refused to submit to a test, the commissioner will revoke the person's license or permit to drive for a period of no less than one year. This is significantly greater than the revocation period for a first or even second offense DWI where a test sample was provided. A driver may also have their automobile plates impounded and be subjected to using special series "whiskey plates" on their vehicle.

GROSS MISDEMEANOR CHARGE

A refusal to test also results in a criminal charge that is far more serious than an ordinary DWI case. A first offense, which would usually be considered a misdemeanor and punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a $1000 fine. With a refusal, however, the offense becomes a gross misdemeanor which is punishable by up to one year in jail and a $3000 fine.

Read more: Minnesota's Implied Consent & Test Refusal Law
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution No Derivatives

FWIW my attorney said he'd much rather fight not taking a sobriety test versus taking a sobriety test and failing = DUI.
True.
I was told by a reputable attorney in Florida it is in his clients best interest not to take a breathalyzer!

if you are from MN which I am guessing you might be, food for thought
Upon certification by the officer that probable cause existed to believe the person had been driving, operating, or in physical control of a motor vehicle in violation of Minnesota's driving while impaired statute, and that the person refused to submit to a test, the commissioner will revoke the person's license or permit to drive for a period of no less than one year. This is significantly greater than the revocation period for a first or even second offense DWI where a test sample was provided. A driver may also have their automobile plates impounded and be subjected to using special series "whiskey plates" on their vehicle.

GROSS MISDEMEANOR CHARGE

A refusal to test also results in a criminal charge that is far more serious than an ordinary DWI case. A first offense, which would usually be considered a misdemeanor and punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a $1000 fine. With a refusal, however, the offense becomes a gross misdemeanor which is punishable by up to one year in jail and a $3000 fine.

Read more: Minnesota's Implied Consent & Test Refusal Law
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution No Derivatives

Good reading. What people may not realize too, driving is a privilege and not a right....at least in Florida. Refuse a test, lose the license for one year.

Fellow Sconsinite...I'd much rather hear you say: 'Under no circumstance will you ever drink and drive again.'

Another Fellow Sconsinite and +1!

I'm glad you didn't kill me, my 17 year old daughter, my brother, my sister, or any of my friends. We all live here. I'm not going to say I haven't been stupid in the past but I changed before I killed or maimed anyone or ruined lives. Please let that be the last time.

Yes you were lucky. Here in Germany if you refuse, the Polizei have the right to kick your AdoubleS and get the blood out of you.

Yep you had the not cool part in the heading right. "Just got back from drinking most of the night" WTF is wrong with you or anyone who drinks and drives?!!? What if you would have hit someone who posts here on the board, or even someone else for that matter. Dude very much "not cool".
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree That was dumb you could have killed someone maybe a kid :moon:

Wow, I know I'm proud of you for drinking and driving....way to go bub. I know I love reading about drunks on the road. You should be very proud. I'm glad you didn't hurt anybody. :beerchug: :cheerleader: :thumbsup: :bowdown:

Mistake #1 - Drinking and Driving.
Mistkae #2 Posting about it and expecting anyone to not flame you into oblivion.

when he sobers up and sees this :whistle:

No kidding im sorry that the cop didnt find you dui and let you go how many people have to die .....there are way too many people that have more than five offenses and still driving thinking that its ok ...if you ask me they are only thinking of themselves ...selfishness will kill you or someone else ...my wifes cousin died at age 21 she was with her boyfriend both drunk driving down a remote road crossing railroad tracks and guess what train hits her car roles three or more times kills her boyfriend instantly she was on life support for three days and guess what her surviving mother still drinking and driving totall stupidity :rulez:

Back