So..Car oil?

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Recommendations and opinions wanted.

I've been very happy with the synthetic oil in my bike. I would assume (made for cars obviously) synthetic would also be great for cars (though I've never tried it).

But, I've also heard various mechanics say Synthetic sucks for cars unless the motor was built specifically for synthetics or some such other nonsense, and to get that "crap" out and use regular oil.

So, I was wondering what the oil gurus on the board are putting in their cars and if they could enlighten me as I'm not that familiar with synth.

Although I am becoming an AMSoil junky.

Do it, you won't be dissapointed. I have run Amsoil in all my vehicles and LOVE it. My Dodge Ram has 162,000 miles on it and still runs like new with no blowby and no smoke, plus it still has 40psi of oil pressure when warm. It just started to leave one drip on the driveway about 10,000 miles ago. I also got about 2 mpg better with it.

(black954 @ Dec. 28 2006,22:18) Do it, you won't be dissapointed. I have run Amsoil in all my vehicles and LOVE it. My Dodge Ram has 162,000 miles on it and still runs like new with no blowby and no smoke, plus it still has 40psi of oil pressure when warm. It just started to leave one drip on the driveway about 10,000 miles ago. I also got about 2 mpg better with it.
+1

Amsoil in every vehicle .... I run the 10/40 synth in my busa....the tranny improved in smoothness enough that my wife even noticed.

Don't pay retail ... either pay the 20.00 to join their org, or get with a member like myself and pay just over 5.00/qt. ------- not the 8.00 so,e places want.

Since I use it in everything...it pays to have the membership ....my HEMI downs 7qts per oil change.
SHOCKED.gif

My BMW 3 series comes from the factory with synthetic oil. The recommended oil change interval is every 12000 miles. Most vehicles would have 3 oil changes in that distance.

Back