My first Ebay Sellers listing!!!

And why, may I ask, are you selling your rain coat? Wasn't that issued to you? or was it DX'd?

Not sure but I think there is a limit on amount of sale they will charge you .
Meaning things under a certain price are free ?
I sold my factory mufflers on eBay for $275 and it cost mr nothing .
However I did just sell my neighbors bike on eBay for $2500 and it cost me $125 ?
I do know if you get paid thru paypal and payment is not marked 'gift' you get charged a percentage of total amount.

Ebay gets a percentage, then paypal gets a percentage, then you get to keep the rest.

And why, may I ask, are you selling your rain coat? Wasn't that issued to you? or was it DX'd?

Wasn't issued to me. Someone else didn't want to take it home. Guess they didn't want 2 bags on the plane.

Only cost me 65 cents to list, but I added a couple listing options

i feel like i've accomplished something, lol.

Black All Weather Coat, Genuine US Army Issue - eBay (item 230536046692 end time Oct-18-10 16:59:29 PDT)

took all of 5 mins to list. i'm gonna start selling more stuff.

Let me give you a little advice when listing an Item.

Under the TITLE make sure you list words that someone who is looking for this item is going to type in the search.

US Army issue ( good ) people who are looking for an Army jacket will be sent to this ad

Black all weather coat. ( Most people wont type in all weather when looking for a coat ) Maybe Rain coat.

Just think about if you were looking for a coat what would you have typed in the search. and make damn sure you spell correctly.

If your selling a Corvette and spell it Corvete it will not show up on most searches for Corvettes, If you want to have some fun get on Ebay and type in a mis-spelled word in the search item and see what all pops up. I have won a few items that were mis-spelled which limits the amount of people that will see the ad.

I have sold everything from Pine cones falling from my trees in the front yard to shreaded plastic from the plant I used to work for as artificial snow. You can sell just about anything on Ebay if listed correctly.

Consider listing on Craigslist also. BTW, have you checked current policy WRT selling "issued" items? Best of luck.

Consider listing on Craigslist also. BTW, have you checked current policy WRT selling "issued" items? Best of luck.

Correct that's why I made that post. The Army kinda frowns on that stuff...

I've got one I'll give away, so if you sell it let me know, but mines a little older - like 25 years older - than yours :laugh:

I've got one I'll give away, so if you sell it let me know, but mines a little older - like 25 years older - than yours :laugh:

funny you mention that since I also still have mine (from 1987) and the thing still fits! :cheerleader:

Back