my cure for a foggy visor

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
This has worked great for me so far.
Depending on how much you ride, repeat as needed.

Remove the visor and clean inside and out with your normal cleaner. (I use Plexus) Take it to the sink and spend a little time with it under running water using your hand to clean and rinse it. Shake of excess water and use a hair dryer to get the drops off. Do not touch the inside of the visor. Re-install and clean the outside again with whatever to get the fingerprints off. This has kept it absolutely fog free for me until the incoming road air get's it dirty. I've found that moisture will not form on the inside of the visor if it is absolutely clean. Fog will form on a dirty visor, or one that has some type of film on it.

Maybe this will help someone?

interesting concept.

I have to admit I just use this

B0002VC0KK.01-A1T0VEFK4F7RX4._PE37_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I dunno. I keep mine pretty clean and it still fogs up. That's why I use the Fog City liner on one of my liners. At about 12 degrees though, even the Fog City fails. My breath freezes when it touches the inside of the visor. When it gets to about 15 degrees or so, I'll go with the foggy pro and let my breath redirect out of the bottom of the helmet.

Carl

Another thread a poster suggested a couple drops of dish washing liquid in your visor rub this out with a paper towel till gone no fog. I did this earlier went for a ride and no fog.

I had problems with hazing and blurriness on the shield after using the rainX anti-fog stuff on my last helmet. Haven't tried it since. I take it you guys aren't having problems with it? If not it might be worth another shot...

Same here Rain X has failed along with the other add on no fog lens crap. Take it from someone who rides in the extreme cold weather down to the singles digits year round.

If you want somthing gurranteed to work with no if and or butz get one of the two products listed in the link below. You wont have to worry about forgetting to put it on before you suit up or reapplying after you clean your lens.
Warning... be careful of what you use to clean the surface side exposed to your face because can easily be scratched.   Also make sure the surface of the shield is thoroughly clean and dry before applying the product.

Basic concept is creating a double pane window (air pocket).

WebbikeWorld

my .02

(tinbender0 @ Nov. 05 2006,18:30) I use a scorpion helmet,,,no fog
Saw them at Laguna thinking of getting one for winter, I tried to fog it and couldn't.

Price was right too!

(darth frosty @ Nov. 05 2006,18:02) Another thread a poster suggested a couple drops of dish washing liquid in your visor rub this out with a paper towel till gone no fog.  I did this earlier went for a ride and no fog.
Yep, dishwashing liquid slightly diluted w/ water. Just rub all over and dry with a soft towel. Scuba divers call it Leprechaun piss because it works like magic
laugh.gif

(manatrader @ Nov. 08 2006,15:26)
(tinbender0 @ Nov. 05 2006,18:30) I use a scorpion helmet,,,no fog
Saw them at Laguna thinking of getting one for winter, I tried to fog it and couldn't.

Price was right too!
It's a great all around lid , no complaints here

Iwas told by Arai that rainx will cause the plastic to deteariate. The chemical that makes it plyable damages the plastic. Put some rainx in a cup, and let the solvents evaporate, then it's suppose to be ok. I have ZOOK?, works ok, but has to be redone daily. As someone said, SPIT, rub it around, dry with a cloth, no fogg! GREAT PRICE TOO!
wow.gif

Back