Helmet visor fogging up

wpg2rch

Donating Member
Registered
Got a question. Here in Minnesota it is starting to cool down in the mornings on my ride in to work. My visor has started fogging up occasionally when I breath on it. I also use my helmet for snowmobiling in the winter, all I do is swap out the visor for the double lens visor. I thought, why don't I just use the double lens visor while riding in on the bike. I pulled out the visor this morning and it had a sticker on it that said 'For off-road use only'. Anyone know what makes it offroad only? I hope it doesn't mean it's not as safe, because that doesn't make me feel good when I snowmobile. I thought this was going to be a great solution to my problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
G.

ventilation is the key to anti-fogging. i think the breath deflector also helps.

off road use only doesn't necessarily mean its not as good. it could mean the product has't passed dot cert, failed dot cert, or hasn't been submitted for dot cert.

With fog city you won't have any issue with fogging. No more lifting your helmet in the rain or cold weather or the inconvience of reapplying fog prevention chemicals.

All of my helmet are equipped with fog city visors inserts!!!!!!!!!

With fog city you won't have any issue with fogging.  No more lifting your helmet in the rain or cold weather or the inconvience of reapplying fog prevention chemicals.

+2341238947102374081872308471823 for FOG CITY INSERTS!!

thumb_up.gif
egitarre77.gif
firedevil.gif

I've tried to get them to fog but with no success, even in 15 degree weather.

+2341238947102374081872308471823 for FOG CITY INSERTS!![/quote]
+1 Got the clear on my dark smoke shield and the photo chromic on my clear shield. Only downside is the relative fragility. You cannot wipe these things down with anything without scratching them. Once you know not to wipe them your golden.
thumb_up.gif

Apply daily, let dry to a light haze and buff. Works all day and cheap too. I use a Scorpion with a fog free shield but I use the Crap on my eyeglasses.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp....2500226
I can't, for the life of me, get this "Crap" to work.
laugh.gif
I rub on a nice haze...even let it sit on there for a while...then buff it off. The visor will fog up instantly if breathed on. Could it be the microfiber cloth that I am buffing with?

Quit guessing and get the fog city insert or the respro foggy breath guard. Set it and forget about it!!  
thumb_up.gif

Apply daily, let dry to a light haze and buff.  Works all day and cheap too.  I use a Scorpion with a fog free shield but I use the Crap on my eyeglasses.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp....2500226
I can't, for the life of me, get this "Crap" to work.  
laugh.gif
  I rub on a nice haze...even let it sit on there for a while...then buff it off.  The visor will fog up instantly if breathed on.  Could it be the microfiber cloth that I am buffing with?
Man, don't know what to tell you. I also use it on my HJC helmet shield and it works just fine. I only apply it to the inside of the shield. I've also used Fogtech succeessfully but its more expensive.

http://www.motosolutions.com/index2.html

Same here I tried it on my goggles, sun glasses and visor with no luck, dayum thing would fog up even when indoors testing it.

ha ha ha yeah, that is what I am dealing with. I guess I will go the fog city route. Looks like they are about $22...does that sound right?

ha ha ha  yeah, that is what I am dealing with.  I guess I will go the fog city route.  Looks like they are about $22...does that sound right?
Hell, I forgot! When I saw them in Iron Pony (MC Store)I just grabbed them along with some other stuff I needed before I headed out of town for the week.

I could not get my Scorpion EVO to fog up, if I tried...for the first 8 months. So I took the breath gaurd thing off, now it fogs up pretty good at stops, but then it clears up as soon as I sart to move. In the rain, whole nother story.....USELESS !!

I could not get my Scorpion EVO to fog up, if I tried...for the first 8 months. So I took the breath gaurd thing off, now it fogs up pretty good at stops, but then it clears up as soon as I sart to move. In the rain, whole nother story.....USELESS !!
Try contacting a Scorpion Rep because I never use the breath guard and still no fogging, no matter what. Maybe yours got a poor treatment from the factory and maybe they'll replace it. Have had three Scorpion shields and all three work perfectly. Still use the Crap on my glasses though.

Hey everyone, thanks for the suggestions.
Quick question, what's a Scorpion EVO? Is that the same as a EXO?
Thanks!

Back