My Busa Is Sick and I Need Advise

wingman1100

Registered
Hi All,

My Busa has gradually developed a slight stumbling starting at 3000RPM and lasts to just over 4000 RPM in any gear. It has been getting worse lately so I took it into the dealership today and after working on it all day I was told that it definately is not producing the power it should be and that number 3 cylinder is not firing. The dealership is still investigating the issue and has no idea why this is occurring. I have a very dedicated dealership and the owner is working on my bike personally but is at a loss as we enter day two with teh bike in the shop.

Can anyone offer any ideas or direction for this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ???

Does the #3 coil work if you move it to a different cylinder? If that's working I would move to the ECU and make sure there are no wires starting to pull out of the connector. I had the #1 ignition pin come out of my ECU plug and it acted the same way.

mine was doing something similar -- and it ended up just being plugs (tho they looked fine )

I replaced the plugs 400-500KMS ago and they looked fine although it did run slightly better for s short time but now it has gotten worse.

Hopefully the dealer will have positive news later today!!

your best bet is to replace the injector....if the plugs dont do the trick.(it only takes a very small amount of debris to clog those things up):welcome:

Latest word from the dealer is that everything on the bike checks out perfect, sensors, plugs, coils, mapping, etc. etc. They are suggesting the number three injector is fouled and I'm currently running a cleaner throught eh gas to see if it will clear things up.

If not they want to pull all four injectors and send them out to be cleaned and tested. They are suggesting this will be cheaper than replacing all of them with new injectors.

The cleaner is working a bit and it starting to get a little bit smoother but is still stumbling as well.

Time will tell I guess. :whistle:

Change the plugs bro for sure that is the cheapest advice I can offer! I Had a similar problem with my CBR 400, I changed the CDI, One coil, Carb's cleaned and adjusted the float levels as well as the balance of carb's!!!!!!!!!! NADA still the same.

In the end I almost gave up and put it under a sheet in the garage for three months. One morning I bought 4 new plugs and the problem GONE FOR EVER 400 never missed a beat again :laugh:I suggest move the 2 plugs on the same coil to the other coil and see if the Cyl misfire also move, be aware that on most 4 Cyl bike's, 2 cyl's per coil so the one dead plug will affect the other one as well. One more thing that due to cyl pressure changes in throttle range a dead plug can act normal at High or low rev's but misbehave in the midrange. Hope this is of any help.
Please keep us informed on the progress of fault finding
Happy hunting
PS the 400 is still around with a fresh cote of paint

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

If you do decide to do the injectors, DON'T buy another set. Send them off to MPS. For $25 each they will rebuild them, flow test each of them before AND after showing the difference with flow charts, they also give you the old replaced parts back too.
They have a same day turn around when they recieve them. I used MPS on my turbo busa. Though only one injector was slightly off, it's good to know all 4 of them are 100% now.
Just a heads up.

Last edited:
If you do decide to do the injectors, DON'T buy another set. Send them off to MPS. For $25 each they will rebuild them, flow test each of them before AND after showing the difference with flow charts, they also give you the old replaced parts back too.
They have a same day turn around when they recieve them. I used MPS on my turbo busa. Though only one injector was slightly off, it's good to know all 4 of them are 100% now.
Just a heads up.

Tell me more about how they rebuild a Busa injector, sounds interesting.

J

Back