Busa Recall, sales halted!

SargeT

Registered
I just purchased a 2013 Limited Busa. While on my way to pick it up last Friday, the dealership, Rick Roush, in Medina, Ohio, called and advised that Suzuki had placed a hold on my bike due to a recall on the ABS modulator. They haven't a clue as to when the issue will be resolved. It's a bummer to own a bike and not be able to ride it! The dealership has been great to work with and are only looking out for my safety. So, if you're looking to buy a 2013 Busa, you might want to wait until the recall is resolved..

Dr. Gonzo

Registered
Been riding my new 2013 for about 2 weeks now. Guess I'd better check in with the dealer to what's what. :eek3:

Thanks for the heads-up.

Gonz

SargeT

Registered
Google the recall. It states that the ABS may malfunction causing the brakes to lock up. We all know that's "Not Good"! Ride safe.

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Well it seems that Suzuki can not reply to this recall as of yet!

A date of when the parts will be available, at least would be nice!

Oh wait it's not a recall as of yet, it's just a sales halt!

2013BobBusa

Registered
:deadhorse:So spoke to the mothership Suzuki...Very nice and apologetic but not by VIN or Production date will any of the Busas leave the showroom. Good news is if you call , they will record the VIN# and co-responding dealer and issue a priority next day on the ABS Unit. They should arrive this week for distribution. I cant stomach the idea of driving the green 14 machine and let the good times roll SO I WILL BE PATIENT!
Call this #714-572-1490 as the 800 hooks you up with party hotline:beerchug:
Bob

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayabuza 2002