I need some mechanical advise

I'm here in the Tampa area...what dealer did you buy the bike from and is it the same dealer you are working with now?  

-Do you have paperwork for all scheduled maintenance and has it been done by an authorized Suzuki dealer?  If not they can screw you out of warranty work?

-Doesn't sound like they are going to bat for you.  What makes them think it is due to abuse?  It's a freakin' Hayabusa for crying out loud.  Are they saying there is evidence of improper shifting or something along those lines?  If so, what?

If you have serviced it according to schedule, I simply wouldn't accept it.

BTW, is that you mooning us in your avatar?
biggrin.gif
I bought it from Sky in Lakeland however have been going to west coast in clearwater which is right down the street from my house.  

West Coast has been doing the maintenance.  Ben there is going to go to bat for me but suzuki is requiring me to authorize them to break it down so they can inspect it.  I am negotiating the rates for the disassemble.  I am just cautious when working with dealerships regardless of the repor you might have with them they are in business to make money.  He is really trying to work with me on the initial upfront cost.  

Abuse was Suzuki's initial response. That was everyones first response, but after speaking with them personally to denounce their assumptions they have changed their tune slightly and being more open minded and cooperative with both the dealership and myself.  I play nice to begin with but definately not one to get on your bad side.  I will get ugly if necessary....
mad.gif

BTW... Yes that is me in my avatar...
biggrin.gif
Well living in Oldsmar (clearwater basically) West coast has a good rep as dealerships go. If there not going to fight the fight with Suzuki for you. There is only 1 shop/guy around here i trust to work on my Busa. If you want i can get you the Number to his shop let me know. I doudt he mind me posting it, but to be on the safe side PM me if you want to get an estimate, or talk to him about it before you have West coast play with your bike.

biggrin.gif

Well living in Oldsmar (clearwater basically) West coast has a good rep as dealerships go. If there not going to fight the fight with Suzuki for you. There is only 1 shop/guy around here i trust to work on my Busa. If you want i can get you the Number to his shop let me know. I doudt he mind me posting it, but to be on the safe side PM me if you want to get an estimate, or talk to him about it before you have West coast play with your bike.
The verdict is in....  

Suzuki is going to cover parts but not the labor.

Ben and the mechanic Frank at West Coast are taking very good care of me. They have been awesome and are really looking out for me and my wallet!      

Going over monday to R&D to have gears undercut, they are about two weeks.  Should have my bike back in one piece and (hopefully) running better than ever by the middle of September at the latest.  (They said they would shoot for the end of this month)

Just in time for my birthday!  I MISS MY BIKE!  I have not rode in almost two months!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVISE!

<!--EDIT|tonithetiger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155225888 -->

I'm glad Suzuki at least covered the parts. I still believe that they should cover the labor too. Good luck with it & let us know how everthing turns out!
biggrin.gif

I'm glad Suzuki at least covered the parts. I still believe that they should cover the labor too. Good luck with it & let us know how everthing turns out!  
biggrin.gif
Thanks! That makes two of us but something is better than nothing. The out of pocket Cost is minimal to me compared to what I was looking at. I am just going to have to wait another month for my exhaust.

Thats too bad that Suzuki warranty sucks that bad. DId you grad race it or wheelie it alot shift from first to second without the clutch hard those are what usually cause the failure. The gears for my 1100 2nd and 5th (on the 1100 these 2 mesh together) all new shifting forks (drum was OK) was under 200 dollars I took the motor out and split it in half myself the tranny can be taken out in a couple of cross shafts brought to the dealer when your parts come in and have them take the gears off put the new ones on right there at the desk and put it all back together. I am glad they worked the labor out with you but it should have been covered if you didnt abuse it like above. Suzuki has had weak trannies in there big bikes forever. My buddy rode his 95 1100 for a year and a half skipping 2nd gear it would pop out under load. Now on a personal note. Wow awsome pic TY for making my day even brighter. LOL come up to Maine and go riding with me?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

rock.gif

rock.gif

Thats too bad that Suzuki warranty sucks that bad. DId you grad race it or wheelie it alot shift from first to second without the clutch hard those are what usually cause the failure. The gears for my 1100 2nd and 5th (on the 1100 these 2 mesh together) all new shifting forks (drum was OK) was under 200 dollars I took the motor out and split it in half myself the tranny can be taken out in a couple of cross shafts brought to the dealer when your parts come in and have them take the gears off put the new ones on right there at the desk and put it all back together. I am glad they worked the labor out with you but it should have been covered if you didnt abuse it like above. Suzuki has had weak trannies in there big bikes forever. My buddy rode his 95 1100 for a year and a half skipping 2nd gear it would pop out under load. Now on a personal note. Wow awsome pic TY for making my day even brighter. LOL come up to Maine and go riding with me?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???
No wheelies, racing or burn outs here. Well Maybe one burn out. I am pretty conservative in my old age. I have a little girl to get home to safely. Just circumstances I guess... Something is better than nothing.

I am glad you appreciate the pic... (LOL!) Maine is my favorite place to visit. One of these days, I would love to ride up there! It is one of the most beautiful states I have ever seen. I used to live in Grantham, NH. and fell in love with the NE.

rock.gif

rock.gif

race.gif

Look out I am back on the road again!....
Yes, my busa baby is fixed!

Out of pocket was $1200 (including the undercutting) Big chunk of change but it shifts better than ever!
biggrin.gif

I want to thank all of you for your advise and opinions.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

No speed shifting---1st to second--- use the clutch and back off the throttle-- just too much torque----stuff will break----- 23k on mine and as good as ever---suspension needs some work though--fork oil and shock rebuild is in order though-----

BTW... Yes that is me in my avatar...
biggrin.gif

Any chance of getting a bigger viewing?
tounge.gif

animal!

tounge.gif

:bow:

Your wish is my command...
Wow! I like that!

05 busa red/black, the fastest color!
smile.gif

biggrin.gif