My bike's finally in the shop

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
The shop finally took my bike in to find out why it's been burning oil. I dropped it off the other day and they called me today to get approval to tear it open. The only thing that sucks is that Suzuki wants to know what's wrong with it and also wants to see my service records. I do every thing myself so I hope they don't try to screw me out of the warranty some how. So far the only things I've to do is oil changes and some inspections as the bike only has 16500 miles on it. I should know something soon. Hopefully they will find some thing and fix it once and for all. My poor bike has gone through some hard time because of dealers and I'm getting sick of them breaking things. I'll let you know what they find. Until then I'm Busaless.
sad.gif

Just remember that the Magnussan Moss Warranty Act may help protect you. If they pull some BS when it comes to the repair being under warranty, it may help. They cannot just say that you doing the maintenence caused a problem, they have to show cause and effect. So if they say motor needs to be rebuilt because you did not do the maintenence properly, you say prove it! Site the warrant act, and make them show you specifically what caused the said problem, what tools they used to diagnose this, and how SPECIFICALLY they came to this conclusion. I gaurantee you will get a blank stare and they will not have a clue what to say, let alone be able to walk you through the above steps they performed. Why? Because they probably didn't do them. They found a problem and don't want to pay for it. Trust me this works.
smile.gif

Sorry one more thing. After they realize their F'd they will come back and try to be the hero by saying they are just going to slide it through as a warranty deal. It is saving face and is fine as long as the outcome is in your favor.
smile.gif

What a post whore, All this could be non-sense too and they just take care of you from the get go. But knowing dealerships and the BS that goes with it, the "let me see your service records" BS is a set-up for the denial. IMO, wee will see!
wink.gif

The shop finally took my bike in to find out why it's been burning oil.  I dropped it off the other day and they called me today to get approval to tear it open.  The only thing that sucks is that Suzuki wants to know what's wrong with it and also wants to see my service records.  I do every thing myself so I hope they don't try to screw me out of the warranty some how.  So far the only things I've to do is oil changes and some inspections as the bike only has 16500 miles on it.  I should know something soon.  Hopefully they will find some thing and fix it once and for all.  My poor bike has gone through some hard time because of dealers and I'm getting sick of them breaking things.  I'll let you know what they find.  Until then I'm Busaless.
sad.gif
I went through the same poop on my tranny, they fixed it 4k later, but they will want to see reciepts and all, use the checklist that you got when you bought the bike and check off everything that you were supposed to inspect or replace for each scheduled maintenance. and show receipts with dates that will corrolate...

good luck man, they hate paying for repairs.

my bike is in the shop right now with a spun bearing and a bad tranny again cuz the work wasnt done properly or something, 800 miles after I get the bike out from the tranny repairs it spins a bearing, there was shift fork metal stuck to the drain plug along with bearing material...

Well, at least they're finally looking at it, and not brushing you off again. Good luck!

mad.gif
Sorry to hear it JW.

Have a serious question though. What method of Break in did you use? Hard break in? Or Per Owners Manual. Any special oil or filter used? And PC or TRE installed? Just curious, mostly about the break in method...

Hope it gets squared away...

Rev

Hate to hear about your issues with the bike jwc. Hopefully the problem will be resolved soon without any pocket shrinking and you can get back on the road. Good luck dude.

Brian

Thanks guys and Rev I broke it in by the book and have only used Suzuki oil and filters. The only thing on my bike that is not stock is the Yosh Cans. I even still have the reflectors.
wow.gif

OMG! It's the reflectors man...the cause of all Busa woes!
tounge.gif

Seriously, I hope you don't get the run-around over doing the work yourself. I've done all of my own work too, write down every little thing I do, keep receipts, but I assume I'll get shafted if I have to take it to a Suzuki shop and have them fix it...
mad.gif
Just the way it is sometimes...

Good luck and I hope it's nothing huge...sorry you're Busaless right now...
sad.gif

Thanks guys and Rev I broke it in by the book and have only used Suzuki oil and filters.  The only thing on my bike that is not stock is the Yosh Cans.  I even still have the reflectors.
wow.gif
Thanks but I have to agree... It's them DAMN reflectors man... everyone tried to tell you... Bit No No you wanted to keep them on... No look at where your at...
smile.gif

Hope you get squared away soon....

laugh.gif
I should know something soon, I hope. Maybe the reflectors will come off once the warranty is up.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Actually it's a combination of the reflectors and babyin' it during break-in. The curse of the reflectors has combined with the poor seal of a softly broken in engine and caused you this grief. To fix the problem, have the cylinders scuffed, install new rings, remove the reflectors before crankin' 'er up. When the reflectors are stored safely in a closet in a curse blockin' cardboard box with the cheesy plastic dealer tag frame and drive out tag start 'er up and let the temp come up to operatin' level. All that's left to do at that point is to spank 'er like a $2 crack whore. She'll love ya forever, man, I promise.
biggrin.gif

Aaw Chris, remember you are trying to sell Da'Train. Careful on what you type here.
tounge.gif

***UPDATE***

I went up to the shop this morning to check on the progress of my bike. They finally got it in and took it apart. All four pistons were cover with a thick layer of soot and junk. All the oil scraper rings are toast and the rings on the #3 cylinder all had the gaps lined up (which is a no no) allowing blow by. There is no way I could have done any of this so there shouldn't be any question of warrenty coverage. They are now waiting on Suzuki to make the final call and then start the rebuild. I'll keep up with the updates as I get them.

the rings do move they are suppose t.
that is B.S. about the are lined up is that B.S.
you install them at 120 apart but after riding the move all over.
Ring end gap , a gacked oil ring , or a out of round bore is the only way oil would get passed a ring

the rings do move they are suppose t.
that is B.S. about the are lined up is that B.S.
you install them at 120 apart but after riding the move all over.
Ring end gap , a gacked oil ring , or a out of round bore is the only way oil would get passed a ring
Now ya'll see why I love this guy...
blush.gif

Sorry to here your having trouble Delta jet tech man...Phatroy sez 77k on his WOW, Big-O should be getting there soon..Mine has 18K ..so far so good...hope they fix it right for you man...
170RWHP at sea level with ram air doing it's thing..Have not been down there yet......i live at 5K feet ..Sportin' W__D
thinking about it..raining hard today in Nevada.....
tounge.gif

Back