Can't stand motorcycle shops!

As per my earlier post, just got home with my 'Busa. Everything was all hunky dory until I parked her in my driveway.
I've included before and after pics! I swear to God I wanted to cry!!
Well, Lexington Motorsports is going to pay to have this fixed!! :banghead:
Looks like some sort of grinding tool raked it to me...:-(
I'm serious, I'm like totally pissed and heartbroken at the same time!!

I believe I'd have to kill somebody

Ive never heard of a shop having to break in your tires...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ive never heard of a shop having to break in your tires...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It's not a break-in, it's a check to see that the tires are ok and that nothing is off following reassembly. The shops around here do the same, and it was a contributing factor in my decision to do it myself.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk and furious fingers

It's not a break-in, it's a check to see that the tires are ok and that nothing is off following reassembly. The shops around here do the same, and it was a contributing factor in my decision to do it myself.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk and furious fingers

Check to see if the tires are ok? LOL!!! Seriously? Ive been working on cars and bikes for over 25 years and have never heard of this even more so on a motorcycle. Sounds like an excuse to joy ride customers bikes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Check to see if the tires are ok? LOL!!! Seriously? Ive been working on cars and bikes for over 25 years and have never heard of this even more so on a motorcycle. Sounds like an excuse to joy ride customers bikes.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with you 100% about it being an excuse. They say they are "breaking in" the tires meaning they are scuffing them up so I don't leave on the slick finish of a new tire. However it can take up to 50 miles to really wear the slick off so 5 miles really doesn't do anything except give them a joy ride.

Posted via Mobile Device

Well you obviously did that in an area w/o lawyers.

I agree with you 100% about it being an excuse. They say they are "breaking in" the tires meaning they are scuffing them up so I don't leave on the slick finish of a new tire. However it can take up to 50 miles to really wear the slick off so 5 miles really doesn't do anything except give them a joy ride.

As a technician yes if i do anything that involves a wheel.brakes.fluids.throttle, you know all the things that could kill a person if you mess up..... so basically working on the bike, Then i take it on a test ride to verify that the bike is safe that way you can't come back and sue me if something bad happens.

Seriously think about this you're hating just to hate at this point. No dealership or shop is out to harm your bike to make a living thats stupid. And as proud of our bikes as we are, for the most part when you walk in they aren't thinking hhmmmm how can i joy ride that guys bike. Yes things happen and then the shop needs to be held to account. Different shops will use different terms but basically you are doing a safety ride to make sure you don't harm the person that owns the bike. If you fail to do these checks you as the last person to work on the bike are held legally accountable. If i work on the throttle adjustment and don't ride it and you go wreck due to a missing screw in the brake caliper I'm held responsible as the last tech to work on the machine.

Now tell me you think i'm just joy riding. But if you see them going over board ask to see that service manager, No tech wants to see their service manager walking into the shop with a frown, trust me on that.

Hmmm test rides on a motorcycle to make sure you have the wheel or brakes done properly? Does this mean all airplane mechanics test fly there jets after working on them?
Pilots gets on radio " Sorry folks going to be a 30 min delay mechanic forgot to test fly the plane after refueling it to make sure it didnt leak in the air.
Not hating just stating the facts.

As matter of fact I went to dealer today to pickup the correct color decal for the side fairing they replaced last week. They put the wrong color on so I had them just order the decal. They asked do you want us to put it on for you? I was hmm no thanks you guys fuk'd up enough on it. I am finding that the mechanic isnt just sloppy he must be color blind also. Must be a bitc reading color coded wires.

Hmmm test rides on a motorcycle to make sure you have the wheel or brakes done properly? Does this mean all airplane mechanics test fly there jets after working on them?
Pilots gets on radio " Sorry folks going to be a 30 min delay mechanic forgot to test fly the plane after refueling it to make sure it didnt leak in the air.

As matter of fact I went to dealer today to pickup the correct color decal for the side fairing they replaced last week. They put the wrong color on so I had them just order the decal. They asked do you want us to put it on for you? I was hmm no thanks you guys fuk'd up enough on it. I am finding that the mechanic isnt just sloppy he must be color blind also. Must be a bitc reading color coded wires.

I guess we who worked in the industry and have experienced these lawsuits and fines don't know jack. Gonna bow down to your infinite knowledge here cause i apparently don't know any better being a trained tech and all.

I'm checking out on this thread.

I guess we who worked in the industry and have experienced these lawsuits and fines don't know jack. Gonna bow down to your infinite knowledge here cause i apparently don't know any better being a trained tech and all.

I'm not saying anything about your abilities as a tech since I don't know you, but its kind of sad to see the general consensus on how lousy service departments and their techs are isn't it?

Your stuck in a stereotype, same as everyone who owns a sport bike. We get looked at like we are a bunch of crazy people who have no value for life just because the people who ride crazy on these machines out out number those that are responsible. Out of all the mechanics I have seen I know 2 that seem to value their work. That is me and my dad. It sounds like I am not alone in my lack of finding a good mechanic. You may be the best in the world and if so I need you to check my valves for me.

Also, when you are finished working on a bike do YOU test ride it? Of have some young punk do it? I did stat I would not have minded for the guy who worked on my bike to ride it, but I knew as soon as I saw this kid suiting up to ride I didn't want him on my bike, and I do not have a choice in the matter, even though I paid $12,000 when I don't want someone on my bike it doesn't matter because they work for a dealership and need to break in the tires???

I do understand what you are saying about the lawsuits and I do think they need to break in the new tires, however, I don't think that break in cycle should be performed by a young kid. Who ever works on the bike should be the one to test ride it. Because really he is the only one who knows everything he has done to that bike why let someone else test it out. If someone else is testing it and something happens then the lawsuit still falls back on that mechanic. Doesn't it ??? ???

What was the wrong color that was on the fairing? The fairings come with stickers already on them from Suzuki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back