Can't stand motorcycle shops!

nabusa

Registered
I was doing an overhaul on my zx6r this weekend so maintenance on the busa was on hold. I needed to install a new right bear on the rear wheel and was just tired from this weekend. So I take it to a local shop to have them install the bearing. It's an easy job or so I thought. Anyway they get done and I inspect my bike. The rear wheel is not my wheel I say to the service guy. He looks at me like I'm stupid and says yes it is. I tell him that is a Gen1 wheel. Apparently they had a gen1 in the shop with black wheels and they must have crossed paths. I tell him I have 2008 wheels. He looks at me like I'm stupid again. So I go inside, have a "nice" convo with the service manager and they "find" my wheel. About 30mins later out comes my bike. I inspect it again and I look at the chain and it has no slack in it. I go touch it, and it wouldn't move up or down not even a millimeter. I look at the same guy and say really? The chain has no slack, he says it's recommended the chain is tight so the sprockets don't wear out as fast. :banghead: So I open my cowl, take out my tools. Loose the rear nut and adjuster bolts. Put some slack in the chain and asked the service guy to torque the axle nut for me since he messed up twice in a row now. I am never ever going back to a shop again unless it's to change tires and I am seriously looking into changing my own dang tires myself. Man I was so pissed! I can't stand when someone talks to me like I'm stupid on a subject I know as much if not more then them. Just for my own safety when I get home I'm going to take off the rear wheel and inspect it.

I wont take any of my stuff in, partly due to i dont wanna see what happens when the service kid gets ahold of a stretched out fat tire busa and needs to "test ride".

Bike needs tires i'll take in the wheels:thumbsup:

and the sad part is they probably slapped your wheel back on with no new bearing?
the wheel thats not your wheel has a new wheel bearing:laugh:

I didn't even think about that, man I'm gonna be even more pissed if I find out the bearing isn't on the wheel tonite.

Changing tires by hand is a pain in the ..., been there, done that. My friends and I take our wheels to a local car garage. The owner is a rider and his tire changer can also change bike tires(as most of them can), he only charges us $10 per wheel too. However he can't balance them, as his balancer can't do bike tires. So my friend bought a RedLine Stands(site sponsor) tire balancer, it works great! So we're now at $20 when we need new tires as opposed to the dealer ripoff of $65.
Just something to think about if you can find a trusted auto shop to change your tires cheap.:beerchug:

man that sucks.I hate shops myself and I have worked for many dealerships as a journeyman tech and know what goes on most of the time.They pull crap like that on my wife and I step in and put them in theyre place.Been wrenching over 20 years.Hopefully they changed that bearing out.

I hear ya. Taking mine to have a new drain plug tapped and swinging by Sears to get my torque wrench replaced tomorrow. :/

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk and furious fingers

it would take me forever to describe all the crap i've gone through at dealers getting work done on my motorcycles.

it is a complete gamble, weather the work will get done properly or not. The crazy part is the price is high, and you would think it would be a reliable method for repairs.

I know how you feel,but not all shops are alike. In fact the strength of our dealership is our shop. Our techs are great, and most have been at our dealership for over 25 years. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Well the dealer totally fudged up my 09. I wont go into details cause I get pist every time I think about it, but as far as putting the rear wheel on they...

1) Forgot to pump up the rear brake and I almost got killed coming to the first intersection.
2) They didnt align the wheel properly with the alignment marks a whole mark difference 2 on the left and 3 marks on the right side. What a bunch of F ups!!
I chewed the service manager a new ass for 25 minutes!
N E V E R again will I have someone work on my bike, I had to this one time due to insurance.

Well the dealer totally fudged up my 09. I wont go into details cause I get pist every time I think about it, but as far as putting the rear wheel on they...

1) Forgot to pump up the rear brake and I almost got killed coming to the first intersection.
2) They didnt align the wheel properly with the alignment marks a whole mark difference 2 on the left and 3 marks on the right side. What a bunch of F ups!!
I chewed the service manager a new ass for 25 minutes!
N E V E R again will I have someone work on my bike, I had to this one time due to insurance.

Just because the marks are there doesn't necessarily mean that they line up exactly the same.

Most dealerships around here aren't too bad, but I do all of my own work that I can. I would rather know that I did something rather than wonder if someone else did something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, I posted about my front end feeling funny and brought it to the shop I got it from and they said everything is fine even when they test ride it, thats a suzuki thing. Went to an independent shop who just do repairs. Come to find out my wheel was weighted wrong and ruined my tire. So new tire and weights, runs smooth. Shops that sell bikes shouldn't have a repair shop.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Changing tires by hand is a pain in the ..., been there, done that. My friends and I take our wheels to a local car garage. The owner is a rider and his tire changer can also change bike tires(as most of them can), he only charges us $10 per wheel too. However he can't balance them, as his balancer can't do bike tires. So my friend bought a RedLine Stands(site sponsor) tire balancer, it works great! So we're now at $20 when we need new tires as opposed to the dealer ripoff of $65.
Just something to think about if you can find a trusted auto shop to change your tires cheap.:beerchug:

This is probably the best solution imo. $20 for mounted tires is a good deal. I can't find anyone local to mount tires for less than $40 and for $40 I can find the time to do it myself.

Just because the marks are there doesn't necessarily mean that they line up exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh so Suzuki spent $$$$$$$ extra in machine work to have them marks but they arent accurate? Do you really think Suzuki would have spent the extra money in machine work if they werent accurate?

Yeaaahh I am sure with the qaulity of work I got the mechanic used a measuring device and aligned my rear wheel with center of the swingarm, or even better he used a laser to align my wheel.. Yeaaaah Ok? Do you work at America Power Sport?

Well toke the wheel off and found the same old bearing and dust shield :banghead: On top of that my chain was rubbing the frame :tantrum: I'm going to woosa so I don't go crazy tomorrow when go to the shop tomorrow. On a side note, why is suzuki the only ones to have the chain so dang close to the frame? My zx6 and my friends 1000rr has at least 1" away from the frame.

Back