My bike baseline dyno'd @ 196!!

That's pretty good! I assume you have Gen II. Because if it was Gen I that would be amazing, unless you have pretty aggressive mods. What's the deal with A/F ratio between 2k - 4k?

Gen I here! :whistle:

110979-racing-fuel-dyno1.jpg

That's pretty good! I assume you have Gen II. Because if it was Gen I that would be amazing, unless you have pretty aggressive mods. What's the deal with A/F ratio between 2k - 4k?

yep, gen 2 with an m4 full exhaust and pc3usb. I'm not sure what the A/F issue is there but I'm taking it back for a free re-tune as the bike was still pretty green when it was tuned, only had 800 miles on it and now that I have 5000 I'm expecting it would have loosened up enough to squeze out a couple more horsepower.

+1

Look at the graph guys...

BHP = A measurement of horsepower delivered at the engine crankshaft.

That means the numbers have been converted to give you CRANK HP results... ;)

Have them give you a conversion at the wheel in SAE or STD and you could be 6-10+% less and more inline with others...

this is why alot of people think they have these massive power makers. they see bike on dyno wheel spinning HEY IT MADE 200HP it's amazing!! but really the guy who dyno'd it forgot to tell them it's BHP ....not bashing at all here just seems like these guys doing the dyno's like somone else said gives them BHP so their friends come cause he can get them awesome power...opps but those numbers are not at wheel. EVEN if bike made 190hp to wheel air fuel is everything with bikes..and the number you really want is Torque as that's what makes these bikes move...a nice flat clean air/fuel with less power makes you go faster

this is why alot of people think they have these massive power makers. they see bike on dyno wheel spinning HEY IT MADE 200HP it's amazing!! but really the guy who dyno'd it forgot to tell them it's BHP ....not bashing at all here just seems like these guys doing the dyno's like somone else said gives them BHP so their friends come cause he can get them awesome power...opps but those numbers are not at wheel. EVEN if bike made 190hp to wheel air fuel is everything with bikes..and the number you really want is Torque as that's what makes these bikes move...a nice flat clean air/fuel with less power makes you go faster
Most smart shops know the more they jack up dyno results, the more money they make. Pretty basic :laugh: I personally know the dyno tech at our local independant shop, great guys for working on your bike :thumbsup: but he personally told me they get their dyno readouts as high as possible to try and out do the other shops...the higher the readouts the more guys figure that shop must be the best tuners. And it works, they have an awesome reputation for tuning huge power out of bikes with simple mods. I would do the same if I had a shop with a dyno. Most guys are easy to fool, they don't really understand dyno's, and don't care either as long as the tech can put the bike on it and hand them a printout with large numbers. When people want a certain result they're awesome at fooling themselves into believing whatever they're handed, just to get that warm fuzzy feeling, even if their bike is no faster than their buds who read 20hp less with the same mods on a different dyno :rofl: These bikes are all fast, so the actual speed isn't important as long as they have a big number dyno sheet. Its always amazed me how peoples ego's are so fragile, and self worth so low, that they grab at anything, without even thinking it through by putting the blinders on, just to try and make them feel better about themselves. The levels of self deception some folks go to is unbelievable :banghead: The new guys that come into our group and get their bikes dynoed at our favorite shop, come back all pumped up with how high their bikes dynoed, until we go for a ride and their extra special monsters are no faster than any other similair bike in the group :laugh: We try and tell them the facts, but they can't seem to let go of that big dyno number that seems to make them feel a way they've never felt before I guess ???

Kinda the same as guys ignoring all facts, just so they can believe whatever bike they own is the best one out there, which makes them one of the best people out there. Besides we all know for real world riding, all the bikes in their respective classes are pretty close to each other. The rider makes the biggest difference :beerchug:

Heaven forbid we all just be riding brothers who enjoy the comraderie of riding, and don't worry about measuring your d*ck size and self worth on the bike you ride and the dyno sheet you have. I guess there's alot of folks with low self esteem ???
I'm lucky, for the most part the group I ride with is a little older, and although we all have different types of bikes, we have awesome rides because we are a tight group that actually enjoys the riding, and respects each others personal choice of machine without needing to play the "my bike is better than your bike" game.

But don't mind me, I'm just an older guy whose lived enough life to see lots and lots of this kinda stuff, and wonder whats bred into folks physche to make them need to behave that way :laugh:
Must just be a human thing I guess :dunno:

Here's the entire chart... Now if you "Haters" :laugh: have a problem just call Xtreme Machines and talk to Tommy...This guy is a professional tuner for over 15 years plus....Now to say he doesn't know what he's doing or the machine is wrong, you guys are too funny!!.... Im just going to say this, I will believe a Pro tuner over an average "joe" on here talk smack! lol Im just saying..

dyno chart1.jpg

dyno chart4.jpg

dyno chart3.jpg

not hater again do your research BHP is not at the wheel power and if you ask me air/fuel line looks nice and smooth but the max 104ft/lbs is low (last pic)...i made 179.3hp AT THE WHEEL not BHP and i had 107.8tq AT THE WHEEL so how is it you made 26 more HP then me and have less tq?

we all are happy with your numbers, trust me, but we're trying to help you understand them better. like someone said all these numbers don't mean anything cause at the end of the day either on the highway or at the drag strip me 26hp less then you will be right there next to you the whole way...

big reef love to meet ya, your in jersey i'm in CT going up to lebanon valley next weekend bring bike and we'll hang out and chat go down track a few times and have fun.. i'll be the one going 9.50's/9.60's on the stock wheelbase '08 with only 179.3hp.... PM me if you want to come

not hater again do your research BHP is not at the wheel power and if you ask me air/fuel line looks nice and smooth but the max 104ft/lbs is low considering your HP number?? (last pic)...i made 179.3hp AT THE WHEEL not BHP and i had 107.8tq AT THE WHEEL so how is it you made 26 more HP then me and have less tq?

we all are happy with your numbers, trust me, but we're trying to help you understand them better. like someone said all these numbers don't mean anything cause at the end of the day either on the highway or at the drag strip me 26hp less then you will be right there next to you the whole way...

big reef love to meet ya, your in jersey i'm in CT going up to lebanon valley next weekend bring bike and we'll hang out and chat go down track a few times and have fun.. i'll be the one going 9.50's/9.60's on the stock wheelbase '08 with only 179.3hp.... PM me if you want to come

oK Paul-g...dunno yet.. I might be in South Beach...I'll keep you posted though....

Those are the numbers for the Gen 1. Suzuki uped the power about 30 HP for the gen 2's. Seems a little high but I have read the gen 2 makes about 184 HP at the wheels. A 12 HP gain from just slip on's seems a little high but who cares its just a number for bragging rights. You have a slip proving 196 HP be happy :thumbsup:

Exactly. You got the slip, now have a beer and stare at it the rest of the day

not hater again do your research BHP is not at the wheel power and if you ask me air/fuel line looks nice and smooth but the max 104ft/lbs is low (last pic)...i made 179.3hp AT THE WHEEL not BHP and i had 107.8tq AT THE WHEEL so how is it you made 26 more HP then me and have less tq?

that ia NOT A/F you won't get it from a Factory pro dyno they do not believe in it

that ia NOT A/F you won't get it from a Factory pro dyno they do not believe in it

As much as Marc from Factory Pro beats up Dynojet over inflated numbers, I kind of surprised to see they provide a BHP reading based on rear wheel numbers.

Here's the entire chart... Now if you "Haters" :laugh: have a problem just call Xtreme Machines and talk to Tommy...This guy is a professional tuner for over 15 years plus....Now to say he doesn't know what he's doing or the machine is wrong, you guys are too funny!!.... Im just going to say this, I will believe a Pro tuner over an average "joe" on here talk smack! lol Im just saying..

Figuring a 10% loss of horsepower from crank to wheel your number of 196bhp yields 176hp to the wheel which is inline with others I've seen here but lower. The torque is also lower than some I've seen here.

Brocks AlienHead, Pcv, K&N filter and a tune yielded 186hp to the wheel and 111lb ft of torque on mine. Is there anyone here that could actually feel that difference between our two bikes? I doubt it.

I thought FP dynos measured in "TRUE HP" according to Marc the only REAL numbers.which in this case would be around 150hp I wonder what gives.

it isn't? that bottom flat line i figured was a/f? (can't really read anything on it) anyhow all this talk about his dyno i bet he feels like we're trashing him and his tuner i hope he understands that we're just teaching him difference between BHP and "at the tire" dyno numbers.:thumbsup:

Figuring a 10% loss of horsepower from crank to wheel your number of 196bhp yields 176hp to the wheel which is inline with others I've seen here but lower. The torque is also lower than some I've seen here.

Brocks AlienHead, Pcv, K&N filter and a tune yielded 186hp to the wheel and 111lb ft of torque on mine. Is there anyone here that could actually feel that difference between our two bikes? I doubt it.

same set-up as you basically but your in FL which might have given you a tad more power (or just you have a better built motor...maybe a wednesday motor lol) i was 179.3 and 108lb ft torque running a power commander III like you said no will can tell

Very easy to get some good numbers from a Dyno.
I know guy's that can make anything look REAL healthy.

This was from a shop that I dont normaly deal with to often,
but have a reputation for being pretty "average" with their numbers.
Nothing Silly. My new Mk1 "04" Busa made 159.5 there.

This was my B-King at VERY low mileage, near new.
100% stock as a rock, out of the crate.
It ran a few 10.3's a few weeks later

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Back