My 2009 Revamp and Build

The Shorai I put in the gsxr sat for about 3 months, while I waited on parts to fix the deer damage.
And yep, dead.
Jumped it with a jump box and it fired right up.
It cranks instantly every time since.
My friend bought a battery tender for it, but I don't use it, it's for future down time, he may buy cams for a winter project for me, lol...then back to MM's dyno.
That discharge might have shorten the life of it, Marty. I did that to my second one and a year or two later started having issues with it, but you won’t find out until it quits. Hopefully that’s not the case and it’ll give many more years of service.

That discharge might have shorten the life of it, Marty. I did that to my second one and a year or two later started having issues with it, but you won’t find out until it quits. Hopefully that’s not the case and it’ll give many more years of service.

It's ok Miguel...we(ok me) can be a little hard on things...sometimes.
lmao!

Hey Viper,
Just something you may want to take care of before something happens, is to secure the bottom of the side fairings together. Where the original bolt holes are you can fab up a piece of aluminum to run across. If you don't at high speeds, they could separate and really wreck themselves... don't ask how I know! lol.

I ran my aluminum down along with the fairing so the tire wasn't close to it.

Just like that.

fairing.png

So i am struggling with some fuel issues. I think when the gas tank is down i am experiencing a kink in a fuel line. When the tank is up i see 35 to 40 psi of fuel pressure bike runs great. I drop the tank and fuel pressure seems to drop an few and then the bike eventually starts dropping fuel pressure and running like crap. So i know its a fuel line kink or routing issue. As long as the tank is on prop its runs great lmao. Maybe i make a special and just ride like that? Anyway...

So to my question, does the pump have to remain in the trunk? It just seams long lines to trunk and all over rails and bends etc doesnt make a ton of sense to me. I am assuming in the engine compartment gets to warm and would cause vapor lock. Any thoughts? I am not too thrilled with the existing fuel deliver system.

All my lines are under the tank and the fuel pump is on the front side of the breather cover, my fuel lines a longer so I can lift the tank and when it's set down they aren't kinked. My filter is also mounted under my tank also. What type of fuel line you using? Braided or barricaded rubber?

So, spent 7 hours working on revamping the fuel lines and pump placement. No matter what i did there was no enough room under the tank for this pump. Tried everything. Had to run a few times for different styles of fittings etc. didn't accomplish anything basically.

So, returning to the trunk, going to route the lines a little differently to the trunk to avoid kinks and other nasty bends etc. I don't mind having it in the trunk i guess, was just trying to avoid the pinch points etc. you experience heading to the trunk. I checked on the potential of mounting by shock, I just didn't like the amount of road exposure.

Lastly, I am an idiot. I didn't drain the tank and just managed a plug moved here and there as i needed to. I made another trip to high performance shop for a different fuel fitting. Wouldn't you know it the plug came off and ran gas down the plastic. I'm sure it destroyed the paint, so now I get to replace plastic again.

I am starting to think i am too picky and should have just ran new lines without all the bs. The fuel lines i pulled seemed very bendable and kinkable. kind of like a garden hose left out in the sun. I am hoping new lines will solve my fuel issues.

My longest part of my turbo build was running fuel lines... I didn't want 90 degrees and wanted to be able to lift my tank all the way up and run it and set it down without fuel lines touching anything and easy to access fuel filter it sucked...

Back