My 2002 with Gen2 motor

I didn't think the Mk2 had a radial master cylinder ?
Only on the B-King.

I am assumed K8's have them because they have radial brakes. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Sweet! :beerchug:

What happened to the new swingarm?

I haven't purchased wheels for her yet. The swing arm wasn't suppose to be read until July but got it 8 weeks early, it was a pleasant unexpected delivery.

Here are some daylight pics.

2011-05-18_09-24-51_464.jpg

2011-05-18_09-26-38_427.jpg

2011-05-18_09-25-46_378.jpg

2011-05-18_09-25-14_347.jpg

You have really impressed me with you idea, your craftsmanship and the beautiful almost final product!(they are never really done, that's part of the fun). Thank you for sharing it with us all....I bet you have started a lot of folks thinking! Raydog

I am assumed K8's have them because they have radial brakes. Correct me if I'm wrong?

As far as I know, The B-King and Busa both had radial calipers,
The B-King had a radial master but the Mk2 Busa had an older non-radial
GSXR one. Im happy to be corrected if thats wrong ? Anyone ??

Both of my Mk1's had braided lines, quality pad's and fluid, but I still
prefer the excellent stock brakes on the B-King, even with factory rubber lines.

Great job with the project. I like it. LOT'S!!
I've had a couple of Mk1's, have a B-King and naked Mk1,
but why this interests me is I have a Mk1 frame, arm and bodywork spare.
Very interesting to know that "a mix-and-match" might not be beyond me.

Thanks.

Tony.

absolutely beautiful :bowdown:. you've done one fine job there and you let the rest of us know that if we ever trash our motor, we can step up with a gen 2 swap.

Thanks, I'm really happy with how the color turned out. I just have to decide on what rims to get.

Hi Nabusa, found this thread after your answer to my question over on the Tail Conversion thread. Nice job, just wondering if you had any sprocket alignment issues? I recently retrofitted a Gen2 rear wheel onto my Gen1 and had to get some machining work done as the sprockets didn't line up. My understanding is that the offset of the countershaft sprocket from the centreline of the bike is marginally different between the 2 generations. Did you strike this issue??

No I didn't have that issue. But I am not sure of the output shaft is different between the motors. I do know I have a friend who put Gen2 wheels on his 06' with no issues.

:bump:

Did you ever put the RT arm on it ??? I see you put a Gen 2 tail in another thread :poke: :laugh:

Yes I am putting the RT arm on it tomorrow and the wheel. No sir the swap was the entire Gen2 motor and tranny, I didn't crack the case open.

You can use a Gen 1 , but a gen 2 pump plugs into the gen 2 harness, a gen 1 pump needs to be hard wired!
Did you still use your stock fuel pump or the gen 2 fuel pump?

Back