My 2002 with Gen2 motor

nabusa

Registered
It's an 2002 with an 08' motor in it. I did everything myself, wasn't tough job at all. Once I had her running last year, I layed her on the left side (think it was around May). I put her in my garage and she sat until last month where I decided to get her back running and do a lot of maintance on her.

I changed the rear shock (08 shock), chain, sprockets, Gen2 radiator, and now is she currently being painted some kind of red color (picked it out from a sample the painter had). I'm still rocking the stock pipe, once I have the funds that'll be my next mod. Also waiting on my RT 240 kit to be finished. The first pick was last year right after I got her running. Here are some pics of what she looks like now.

busa.jpg

busa1.jpg

busa2.jpg

busa3.jpg

busa4.jpg

Cool . That's a first for me, seeing a GenI with a GenII motor in it.
What all else did you have to do to make that motor work in your bike , wiring , ecu , etc?

You need a 08+ motor, complete wiring harness, ecu, and rectifier. You can use the Gen1 tip sensor but you have to cut and spice to wire it in because it is a different plug. I also used the gen2 handle bars with switches and throttle cable. Not sure if the throttle cables are the same.

The best of both worlds in my opinion, I think the Gen 1 has the better looking body and you have the Gen II power.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i'm really dig'nthe motor swap. if you dont mine me asking how much did it run you. that'll kinda give me any idea of how much to start saving for :thumbsup:

I bought a wrecked 08' busa at an auto auction. I paid $2300 for the whole bike, the frame was cracked in four places and the tail section was completely smashed. Luckly the motor was in mint condition :thumbsup:

:beerchug:

Gonna have to fab up some upper dash panels. Can't tell by the pics,but think that going to be a big issue?

Did the gage cluster mount up easily(plug and play)?
Posted via Mobile Device

The gen2 speedo had the tabs about an 1 1/2 closer. I just drilled new whole and moved the rubber pieces to the new holes and fit find. Also had to cut out two pieces of the fairing stay behind the cluster, I'll take a pic of it later (putting HID's in it so have to remove it anyways).

The upper dash panel are at the paint shop getting painted that's why you don't see them in the pics. It's not a big issue, I'll post up close up pics when my fairings are done.

Best conversion that i ever seen.You are killing two birds with one stone.You get the outlook and the latest engine performance.:thumbsup:

Nice one! I've been wondering if it was possible to put the Gen 2 motor in the Gen 1 frame. Now I know.

Back