My 2002 with Gen2 motor

Nice one! I've been wondering if it was possible to put the Gen 2 motor in the Gen 1 frame. Now I know.

I've been kinda wondering this as well, cuz I know one day.. inevitably everything dies. So, if I ever manage to kill this motor I wanna swap it to a gen2. :thumbsup: Cool that it uses all the same motor mounts and what not, sounds like a reasonably easy swap all things considered.

Good job man!

Here is how I modified the fairing stay for the speedo.

2011-04-23_15-17-50_912.jpg

2011-04-23_15-17-39_701.jpg

2011-04-23_15-14-11_580.jpg

Tease pic, it should be done by the end of this week. Can't wait to get it all together. Got my arm in last week, this thing was frigging light!

Nose.jpg

arm.jpg

arm1.jpg

Wow thats very nice... Definitely the best of both worlds...

Did your old motor blow or did you just get a wild hair and want to do this?

lookin GOOD! cabnt wai to see the finished product...looks like one of a kind!!:thumbsup:

Good to know it can be done.
That will open up a few posibilitys with Mk1 / Mk2 / B-Kings..... :thumbsup:

Only thing that i'd question ?
You now have the worst brakes trying to stop the best motor ?
A Mk2 Bus or B-King radial front end with a radial master would be nice.

Wow thats very nice... Definitely the best of both worlds...

Did your old motor blow or did you just get a wild hair and want to do this?

The motor was knocking when I first bought the bike. I love the Gen1 look but I love the Gen2 motor. So I researched it a bit and looked for a donor bike. And yeah I guess you can say I had a wild thought when I did it lol

Good to know it can be done.
That will open up a few posibilitys with Mk1 / Mk2 / B-Kings..... :thumbsup:

Only thing that i'd question ?
You now have the worst brakes trying to stop the best motor ?
A Mk2 Bus or B-King radial front end with a radial master would be nice.

I have the Gen2 radial master cylinder now because I was planning on swapping over to Gen2 forks for the brakes but she stops perfectly fine. I don't knee drag so I will never notice the difference.

Toke me 3 hours to put it all together, I was taking my sweet time being paranoid nothing got scratched lol. Here are some nite pics, I'll take some in the daylight tomorrow.

2011-05-18_03-43-21_336.jpg

2011-05-18_03-43-53_226.jpg

2011-05-18_03-44-07_985.jpg

2011-05-18_03-43-37_569.jpg

I have the Gen2 radial master cylinder now because I was planning on swapping over to Gen2 forks for the brakes but she stops perfectly fine. I don't knee drag so I will never notice the difference.

I didn't think the Mk2 had a radial master cylinder ?
Only on the B-King.

Back