My '05 Busa vs. a AMG SL65?

The reason they are gov to 155 is because of the factory tires. The funny thing is the cheaper model is just as fast 0-60 and through the 1/4. Because the traction control takes too much out of the motor on the turbo version.

Uh....NO!

It's called the German gentlemens agreement. Everyone but Porsche abides by it to cut down on the TOPSPEED wars over on the Autobahn. The 155MPH has nothing to do with the tires on that particular car.

You are right in that the cheaper model is just as quick 0-60mph but..... Put some sticky tires on that car, turn off the traction control and look out. That car is LOW 11's easy and with the chip in the 10's.

Ben Treynor has the same car and it fly's!
wink.gif
That car is a TOPEND animal not American 1/4-mile muscle!

it is actually electronic controlled restriction, not tires. Also yeah it may be quicker off the line with better tires, but the car is massive, I believe 4500lbs? thats the reason for the times and besides similar 0-60 being because of weight, and time for the turbos to spool to haul that big boat. But it does look nice though :-D oh and if it was possible to de-restrict it, it should have no problem going 190+ with that power it is packing. I mean they have their v-12 motors turbo or not in other supercars such a pagani zonda, while aero's may not be the same, hits 216mph.

I'm from DDO, Quebec! My money's on you. No way will that Benz 1/4 in under 10...don;'t know of many productrion cars that will either. Now the question is...how big are your balls? Can you launch the Busa hard enough to beat her? Thats the tough part...my money would be on you pal!

Yes I know it is an electronic restriction. BMW uses the same. However, if you swap out factory rubber and return to the dealer they will bump up the speed limiter to match the tire speed rating. At least this is the way BMW has been doing it for years.

From a stop, you'll kill him. 100mph roll you'll lose until about 155, where his limiter is!!
I don't think he will lose from a stop OR a roll-on.

Takes about 750-800hp in a supra (should be about the same weight) to beat a mildly modded busa (pipe, etc) in a 70mph roll, with both rider and driver hitting everything...

600 isn't going to get it done. Most he will do is hang with you just a tad on the roll-on...that's all.

Should be great fun though, regardless...and it is among friends, so that is the best way to race...imho.

If you can, get pics and vids.
I tend to agree. he will take you on a dead stop. Should be fun. When you are done send him over my way.

The car IS fuc**ng fast, dont get me wrong!!! Very impressive. but for the pricetag (almost $200,000) is disappointing for my buddy to get beaten by a $10,000 motorcycle!!!! Mouahahahaha, i loved it

I used to go trolling for sports cars in the suburbs north of Chicago on different sportbikes, it was kinda fun! Havent done it with the Busa yet, but I remember having some success with an '84 VF1000F and that had nowhere near the HP-LB specs as the Bus.

sharp car... If he needs somebody to park it for him after he gets home from work or whatever.. ya know like.. home valet service... i'm here for him.

Yes I know it is an electronic restriction.  BMW uses the same.  However, if you swap out factory rubber and return to the dealer they will bump up the speed limiter to match the tire speed rating.  At least this is the way BMW has been doing it for years.
Since when?

I am a huge BMW fan and have been to pretty much every event they put on, even been to the factory and have never heard of such a thing.

BMW & Mercedes both won't allow the car over 155mph regardless. FYI, all those cars come with Z rated tires FROM THE FACTORY so....that means over 186 MPH.

So why aren't they limited to at least 186? I am telling you, it's the German gentlemens agreement that decides top speed from the factory.

You have to talk to one of the aftermarket tuners to get the limiter removed and even then they can void your warranty if you do it.

The reason they are gov to 155 is because of the factory tires.  The funny thing is the cheaper model is just as fast 0-60 and through the 1/4.  Because the traction control takes too much out of the motor on the turbo version.
I see all the discussion here... Tought i would mention that when asked by my friend (the owner of the car), the dealer told him that the reason for the restriction is the tires.

Now i think its BS because as mentioned earlier, the tires are rated Z.

And warranty or not, he's getting the computer modified shortly (the dealer does not agree but will close its eyes on it since they will remove and ship the computer!) , i cant wait!!!

I feel sorry for your friend. He is spending all of this money for nothing. Don't get me wrong, the car is nice but for the money and trying to really beat on a bike, he should get a ferrari or lamborghini. How about a modded Gen4 Supra?!?
wow.gif

Wish I'd seen the post earlier. Figured you'd win as I beat a Mustang that is putting over 800hp and 800tq to the ground.

No stock production car has a chance against the BUSA until over 186mph. Once the limiter comes on the exotics will catch and pass the Busa without a problem.

But....you have to find a road with enough room to see it happen. Any other race but TOP SPEED, they have no chance!
wink.gif

Back