My '05 Busa vs. a AMG SL65?

Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 2-door roadster
Price as tested: $186,870 (base price: $182,720)
Engine type: twin-turbocharged and intercooled SOHC 36-valve V-12, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection
Displacement: 365 cu in, 5980cc
Power (SAE net): 604 bhp @ 5500 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 738 lb-ft @ 2000 rpm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transmission:5-speed automatic with
manumatic shifting
Wheelbase: 100.8 in
Length/width/height :178.5/71.5/51.0 in
Curb weight: 4494 lb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zero to 60 mph: 3.8 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 8.2 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 13.4 sec
Street start, 5-60 mph: 4.3 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 11.9 sec @ 123 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 156 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 160 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.93 g
EPA fuel economy, city driving: 12 mpg
C/D-observed fuel economy: 13 mpg

...Here is the car, and my Busa in the back...

30_07_2005__2__small.jpg

Okay it took us quite a while but we finally did it. Saturday morning we met early and went to our favorite "speeding" spots while there was basically no traffic.

We did quite a few comparisons, starts, roll-ons from 60, 100 and not once did the Mercedes come even close to pass me. I actually compare the feeling i got to a ZX9R i once "raced" against in very similar fashions...

The car IS fuc**ng fast, dont get me wrong!!! Very impressive. but for the pricetag (almost $200,000) is disappointing for my buddy to get beaten by a $10,000 motorcycle!!!! Mouahahahaha, i loved it

BUT. The car is restricted at 255KMH so it is a pain in the ass to compare the upper gears since it stops there for him altough he's got lotsa meat left to chew on. Soon he's getting the computer modified to get rid of the restriction and also putting and extra 120HP in the process... Now that will make it very interesting!!!! I'll update you guys then, and hopefully we'll get somebody to film next time.

lol I expected that. But that car is damn hot though! Thats maybe the best one I have seen yet, badass color with badass wheelz.

I was gonna say, most german cars are limited to around 250 kmh. They're geared for the Autobahn so they get there fast and can maintain without blowing up, but you'll still have him in the end. I see this all the time on the Autobahn, porsches, benz's, bmw's and audis all trying to smoke me, but I (almost) always pull away near the top end. The italians are a whole 'nother story. Do not race lambos or ferraris - it can get embarassing...

Good story
biggrin.gif
I had a run in with some kind of sleeper VW Passat-- the thing rocked up the mountain 80-90 cornering--- I'm no slouch, but i really had to get after it to keep him off me-- on the few short straights i could pull away at will for sure. It was an eyeopener for me.
wow.gif

btw what is that color on that car?? i want to get the busa painted that color. i am on colorite but dont know the color name
sad.gif

Hmmm, a friend of mine is getting his new car this week, a Mercedes AMG SL65. That beast has a V12 twin turbo 604HP engine... Of course were planning a little racing!

Im pretty sure i'll beat him on the first 2 gears, he is convinced hell get me in the 100 to 200 KMH range, which i cant wait to see. Anyway i am not the type of guy to talk before i got proof so i didnt argue much, we'll know soon enough.

All and all i am pretty confident in my beast :-) I'll keep you guys updated on this

any opinions on this???
A fly on the wall.......Give her hellllllllllllllllkeep us posted.

If you wanted to rub it in, you could tell your buddy to save that picture because that the only way he's going to see your busa behind his Mercedes!
laugh.gif

Okay it took us quite a while but we finally did it. Saturday morning we met early and went to our favorite "speeding" spots while there was basically no traffic.

We did quite a few comparisons, starts, roll-ons from 60, 100 and not once did the Mercedes come even close to pass me. I actually compare the feeling i got to a ZX9R i once "raced" against in very similar fashions...

The car IS fuc**ng fast, dont get me wrong!!! Very impressive. but for the pricetag (almost $200,000) is disappointing for my buddy to get beaten by a $10,000 motorcycle!!!! Mouahahahaha, i loved it

BUT. The car is restricted at 255KMH so it is a pain in the ass to compare the upper gears since it stops there for him altough he's got lotsa meat left to chew on. Soon he's getting the computer modified to get rid of the restriction and also putting and extra 120HP in the process... Now that will make it very interesting!!!! I'll update you guys then, and hopefully we'll get somebody to film next time.
I wish would have seen your post a long time ago.

I could have told you, you will destroy him. He doesn't have enough HP. I raced a Viper with close to 800HP at the tires and still pulled away.

Once your buddy gets his chip, you will still destroy him. The only chance he has is a roll-on at around 150mph-200mph. His aero/hp/weight will own you then and to 200mph he should stay close and then slowly pull away. It will seem like forever for you to go from 175mph-190ish while he continues to walk you.

That is if you guys have enough road or balls to go that long.
smile.gif

Back