Slimming down my 05' Busa

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
I am expecting my Yoshimura RS-3 tomorrow so I figured I would get a head start.
I used Intuitive Pair block off plates and gaskets, these are very nice, both the plates and gaskets are nice and thick.
I used a little blue loc-tite on the nuts so I dont have to touch them again.
It feels good to get that ugly space hogging Pair out of there.
smile.gif

See pics @ my website.
LINK

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117671840 -->

Oh, yeah..get that ugly sucker out of there the clutter clearing alone makes it worthwhile.

introduces fresh air into the exhaust for cleaner emissions......

in a nutshell, it makes bikes with aftermarket exhaust backfire.

takes air from the airbox and squirts it in the exhaust so the bike can pass emissions

Probably going to do that myself one of these days. Need to figure out what exhaust to go with first.

Probably going to do that myself one of these days.  Need to figure out what exhaust to go with first.
Trust me, its very self exclamatory.

You cannot mess it up.

1 hose goes to one of the throttle bodies, 1 hose goes to the airbox, 4 pipes to the head. Unbolt the PAIR from the block.

Very easy.

Here is what I did with my empty exhaust mount ( I posted how I did it over in the mods section)

The Yosh system and PC3 are on the UPS truck for delivery...too bad I gotta work today.
smile.gif
 Regardless though
i will install it tonight. It should not take more than an hour since I have everything ready to go.

See pics @ my website:
LINK

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117671876 -->

Yep that is the leftover one after one of them fell off.

Here are my new license mounts, bet you wont see many of these.
tounge.gif

See pics @ my website:
LINK

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117671895 -->

Its too much isn't it?
biggrin.gif
The fender mod is next...the white skulls stay though.
smile.gif

Wow did the Busa ever slim down, the rear end it way slimmer.  Ha ha, when I posted this thread I was reffering to the lighter weight but it has been slimmed down dimension
wise as well.

I got it installed tonight, gave it a quick cleaning and took it for a ride..just using the stock Yosh map from Dynojet for now.  Awesome , the verdict is still out on wether or not I notice any more power. I will take it for a longer ride when I get a chance and pay closer attention. For now though it sounds great and the bike runs great.

Mountainmotor sold me the Yosh system and PC3, they arrived mint , brand new in the box.   Thanks for the great deal!

The Yosh system fit like a glove, I cannot imagine how you could get a larger pipe on this bike.  The sound is great too, the bike has a nasty low growl now...when you crack it open it really screams.

See pics @ my website:
LINK

Now I just need my new tires...getting some Bridgestone BT014s..they should give me alot more confidence in the corners so I can make use of this extra lean angle I just got.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117671917 -->

Looking good. Maintain that mid pipe. Oh I wish my system looked like that.
sad.gif

I decided to give my fender a haircut.

LINK

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117672004 -->

I followed the instructions and cleaned all the pipes off with alcohol before firing it up for the first time...its already turning gold as it should.

Ive only had an M4 pipe before this one and its light years ahead in build quality, fit and finish simply could not be much better.

Back