muzzy or HMF

joe0523

Registered
Which exhaust is louder/deeper the full HMF or full Muzzy? I have never heard the HMF so im hoping you guys can help me out a bit. I dont want to buy one until I know im getting the right one. Any sound clips will be much appreciated. I am open to other brands as well if someone feels another is better. thanks

You may want to check out the Tuskigi Racing exhaust. I bought the slip on cans from Greg at GPW and they sound awesome, and the price can't be beat. I paid right at $330 for mine. My son GSXTacy has the Muzzy full system, and a friend that I ride with has HMF, and the Tuskigi sounds very close to them both.

(GSXcite @ Jun. 04 2007,14:58) You may want to check out the Tuskigi Racing exhaust. I bought the slip on cans from Greg at GPW and they sound awesome, and the price can't be beat. I paid right at $330 for mine. My son GSXTacy has the Muzzy full system, and a friend that I ride with has HMF, and the Tuskigi sounds very close to them both.
Was your son the one at Eureka Springs with the Muzzy CF cans
rock.gif
? They did sound sweet  
beerchug.gif

I have HMF my best friend has Muzzy, the HMFs are louder, and deeper. his exact words when he bought the muzzy (after riding listening to my HMF for a while when he had stock pipes) "I'm not getting the HMF, because i like the peiple that live around me" both sound good, he has the titanium can, i have CF. but HMF sound and look much better IMHO.

STEVEN_001a.jpg

Thanks for the info. GSXcite- can you give me a contact number or website so I can look into the tuskigi slip ons. If they sound that good then im interested. thanks

Personally I like the look, espcially the new shorties,and sound of Two Brothers Carbon Fiber slipons and haven't heard anything that sounds deeper yet.  Check out my Two Bros Full system and a couple others in this thread:

Hindle, good sound, low rumble. The HMF & Muzzy are loud.

(joe0523 @ Jun. 05 2007,13:39) Thanks for the info.  GSXcite- can you give me a contact number or website so I can look into the tuskigi slip ons. If they sound that good then im interested.  thanks
Can do! Call greg at 301-473-9191

thanks again for all the info. i called greg a gpw and ordered the tsukigi bolt ons. seems like a great deal, cant wait to get em on!!

I think you will like them alot. I get alot of complements on mine and I like having something a little different. You will be impressed with the quality of the cans too.
beerchug.gif

I noticed the tele number for Greg was within my own state ... so ... I called him too.

He does dyno tuning as well so I think I'm gonna take a road trip real soon.

Great info.

Thanks!

(kromdom @ Jun. 28 2007,00:00) GSXiite
are the Tsukigi s/o round or oval??  Thanks!
The ones I have are round. They are available in polished or CF

(Cykill @ Jun. 04 2007,16:41) I have HMF my best friend has Muzzy, the HMFs are louder, and deeper. his exact words when he bought the muzzy (after riding listening to my HMF for a while when he had stock pipes) "I'm not getting the HMF, because i like the peiple that live around me" both sound good, he has the titanium can, i have CF. but HMF sound and look much better IMHO.
post-6-00514-steven_001a.jpg
I concur! HMF would be the way to go if your choices are the two, HMF to Muzzy. Nice looking bike, btw!
wink.gif

However with all that is being said and not to make anyone upset, but I would hold off on your purchase and pay jusssst a little more and buy a complete system that breaths properly, is not restricted and gives you every bit of what you want your money to give you!

Paying for slip-ons is a waste, in my opinion, because you spend the money twice,, unless you seriously do not want the extract the most horsepower out of your bike.

Spend your money once,, right.

Back