Muffler cloth tape on the headers

diminishing returns the further away from the exhaust valve you get.. stepped header does a good job after the wrap does what it can.. What I like is it gets rid of the "tinny ping" you get with single wall headers.

Am anxious to see how much heat this stops coming out from the fairing openings..

diminishing returns the further away from the exhaust valve you get..  stepped header does a good job after the wrap does what it can..  What I like is it gets rid of the "tinny ping" you get with single wall headers.  

Am anxious to see how much heat this stops coming out from the fairing openings..
And it looks cool!
laugh.gif

well like I say my buddy did his on a gixer 750 and he grabbed the exhaust right at the headers and it was just warm to touch

the wrap is wt,,,the spray coating is blk,,,the clamps are my M4 exhaust clamps .did you not coat yours?

no spray..came that color... its covered by plastic on the bike.. not too concerned about road grime myself

i just did mine and used the 2" stuff and then sprayed the hi temp silicone aluminum spray. I wrapped just past the collector. Turned out very nice. I was just very meticulous to even spacing and very tight, as if it was totally exposed
cool.gif
firedevil.gif
I should have took picks
argue.gif

i just did mine and used the 2" stuff and then sprayed the hi temp silicone aluminum spray. I wrapped just past the collector. Turned out very nice. I was just very meticulous to even spacing and very tight, as if it was totally exposed
cool.gif

firedevil.gif
I should have took picks  
argue.gif
hmmm would have liked to have see that ... no pics
rock.gif

cool.gif

firedevil.gif
I should have took picks  
argue.gif
rock.gif
i just took them back to my builder to finish the bike but he said my pistons wont be in for another week.. so i might bring them back home to take some pics. I'd look STUPID doing it just to take somme pics
laugh.gif
 so i might tell him its so i can show them to a friend that wants to buy them
laugh.gif
 I think I did a good job. I measured ea. length perfect. and took 2 days to coat them good with hi temp silicone. ....I NEVER  post pics what the heck I'll get them tomorrow....Expect some pics.    I hope I actually DID do a good job! I know you guys will tell me!
laugh.gif
     See Ya Tomorrow
peace.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i really wanna do mine i bought a spare header off of ebay for a $1 and shipping was 15 or 20 so i can wrap them at my own pace and then put them on when i get the money to do the muzzy fan and ice all at once might do the hid's too while im at it depends on how poor i am after bike week, spring break, and the spring break nationals

i really wanna do mine i bought a spare header off of ebay for a $1 and shipping was 15 or 20 so i can wrap them at my own pace and then put them on when i get the money to do the muzzy fan and ice all at once might do the hid's too while im at it depends on how poor i am after bike week, spring break, and the spring break nationals
$1.00 LOL... very cool... its a chore but I think it will be worth it come summertime on my road trips

cool.gif
firedevil.gif
I should have took picks
argue.gif
rock.gif
i just took them back to my builder to finish the bike but he said my pistons wont be in for another week.. so i might bring them back home to take some pics. I'd look STUPID doing it just to take somme pics
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I think I did a good job. I measured ea. length perfect. and took 2 days to coat them good with hi temp silicone. ....I NEVER post pics what the heck I'll get them tomorrow....Expect some pics. I hope I actually DID do a good job! I know you guys will tell me!
laugh.gif
See Ya Tomorrow
peace.gif
ok so this might sound dumb, but why not just take your camera to the builder?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif
firedevil.gif
I should have took picks
argue.gif
rock.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I think I did a good job. I measured ea. length perfect. and took 2 days to coat them good with hi temp silicone. ....I NEVER post pics what the heck I'll get them tomorrow....Expect some pics. I hope I actually DID do a good job! I know you guys will tell me!
laugh.gif
See Ya Tomorrow
peace.gif
OK, now your thinking like a cager, were 'Busa riders here come on !!! LOL

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

cool.gif

firedevil.gif
I should have took picks  
argue.gif
rock.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I think I did a good job. I measured ea. length perfect. and took 2 days to coat them good with hi temp silicone. ....I NEVER  post pics what the heck I'll get them tomorrow....Expect some pics.    I hope I actually DID do a good job! I know you guys will tell me!
laugh.gif
     See Ya Tomorrow
peace.gif
laugh.gif
banghead.gif
ya thats what i meant i was gonna do
whistling.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

okay here is my wrap job..you'll have to get out your glasses I can't get the pics any bigger.

100_1587.JPG

100_1588.JPG

100_1592.JPG

sorry pics are too small. error file is too big. my cam will only go down to 1.7mb and is still too big. it worked earlier today w/ a 3.1mb pic
winkold.gif

ok picture guy...

Download, install, get an account

This will
1. create an online space for your pictures
2. Give you some basic photo editing software
3. resize the picture file sizes for web viewing
4. give you cut and paste links
5. Allow ALL OF US to put away our magnifying glasses....

rofl.gif

Back