Yoshi full system

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
has anyone wrapped thier header with header wrap to keep the heat down. i also got a muzzy fan, bottle of water wetter and temp sensor relocator. i dont know a lot about bikes but i know cars and cooler temps mean more hp & torque. ive done this on all of my street/race cars with great results and im going to try it on my new yoshi's. i was just wondering what others thought?
rock.gif

busa_001__Small_.jpg

I am not sure either, but unless someone can come up with a problem, I plan to rape my pipes too.

I am not sure either, but unless someone can come up with a problem, I plan to rape my pipes too.
that sounds bad... rape your pipes!
smile.gif

I've seen on here that you must use caution when rapping your headers on this bike especially with a aftermarket exhaust. The headers will not cool the exhaust gases before they are passed to the exhaust can. This might cause your exhaust to over heat, discolor from the heat or both. Take care when using the header wrap... I've seen guys use it on the bikes with undertail exhaust but i've not heard of anyone using header wrap on a busa.

DO NOT, DO NOT use header wrap except maybe on specific sections of it to protect plastics. Header wrap is designed insulate surrounding areas around the header from radiant heat. It holds in the head and weakens the header. I learned this the hard way on my sunfire and had to buy yet ANOTHER header for it after i wrapped the header previous not being told this by anyone else!!!!

Let keep it clean people. Nothing to see here, keep it moving.

Have heard it make SS pipes brittle. Don't know so my pipe is not wraped.

<!--EDIT|06BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149341708 -->

wrapped my pipes they are the stock pipes on an 05 if something happens it will give me a reason to get a full system to the guys that have had problems how long does it take to damage them i have had mine wrapped about 1 year

DO NOT, DO NOT use header wrap except maybe on specific sections of it to protect plastics. Header wrap is designed insulate surrounding areas around the header from radiant heat. It holds in the head and weakens the header. I learned this the hard way on my sunfire and had to buy yet ANOTHER header for it after i wrapped the header previous not being told this by anyone else!!!!
Just curious, but wouldn't ceramic coated headers do the samething as header wrap and hold in heat as well? I know F-bodies (Trans Am/Z28s) always get their headers ceramic (or JetHot) coated to remove heat from the engine bay, but if it removes heat from the engine bay then it's keeping the heat inside the pipes.

I'm just curious on it.
smile.gif

when i got the JetHot coated header for my sunfire it was coated inside and out

I have Jet Hot coated headers on my Trans Am. The coating is inside and out, so the metal doesn't retain the heat. By the time the exhaust gases travel passed the headers, into the y-pipe, it's had suffient time to cool (relatively speaking of course). I still have my cats, and hadn't had any issues with them in the 4 years I've had the headers coated. I also have an SLP cat-back system, so I couldn't tell you any effect on the muffler... as I have a "resonator"
laugh.gif

I just picked up a Yohi 4-2-1 full race system for the Busa, and plan on sending the headers off to Jet Hot to get coated. I've read that the Stainless Steel headers may start to bubble the plastics, so I don't want to risk it.

I had asked if others got the mid pipe coated as well, but only got two responses. One was for it, one was against it - so I'm still on the fence
laugh.gif

I probably won't get it done though as even the stearling finish really isn't that shiny compared to SS. I guess I'll just have to find some heat shielding for the bottom plastics.

laugh.gif

Back