Header Experiment

Witte

Registered
Would a 2000 stock exhaust header fit a 2004. Busa of course . I would like to experiment with the stock header but I don't want to experiment on the one on the bike. What other years will fit a 2004. Another question has anyone run straight pipe no muffler and is it street legal. If anyone has a stock header let me know but I'm very cheap.

it won't pass a noise ordinance without the muffler on.

I was thinking that where the header comes out of the fairing toward the back tip the end to pointing out. I don't know I have a 69 mach 1 mustang 429 cobra jet that has side pipes thats really loud I was thinking that with open exhaust it would sound good well loud.

<!--EDIT|Witte
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085026689 -->

the headers are all the same. with the cans off it is no louder than with slip ons due to the restriction is in the headers do a search

Yup what cheese said... I was bummed but he is 100% correct... When I swapped out my pipes I fired her up without any cans on at all and much to my surprise it was honestly louder once I fitted the Akro's. It the restriction in the midpipes thats a killer besides, say you fit a Yoshimura full system on your bike and then removed the can. All your doing is making all sport bikes guys look like the jerkweeds on their straight piped HD's. You'll annoy the hell outta everyone around you and rattle the teath outta yer head... Lets keep the pipes on and show some respect for the sport and for your neighbors and others on the road.
Lets not give sportbikers a worse image than has allready been cultivated...

If your at the track, go ahead, but it will likely have adverse effects on your motors ability to produce power...

Not trying to be a bobo... I can understand the desire to hear your Motor uncorked, but I do not recommend riding around that way... It's a recipe for the Insta-Squid label...

I plan on unrestricting the header and making it like a drag pipe.
get a swidewinder.
The collect on the stock Busa doesn't flow right.
Just remember the bike has been around for some time. And you are not the first to try doing this. It doesn't work. If it did everyone would have it. Sorry this is Fact

<span style='color:blue'>I ran my '03 LTD without the end cans and it was seriously loud.
I got some midpipes made up for around US$200 (thus negating the restriction in the factory midpipes) and mated them to my old VTR slip-ons that I had and for me it worked out great (they sound excellent I'm told and aren't obnoxous at all)
However they were a real bitch to get right as they look straight but in fact are not and there are some tricky welding angles to be made !!
I have no idea - sorry - if they produce any more or less torque/HP than standard but the bike can still bump-wheelie off the throttle in 2nd so it cant be much worse than the original system
Hope this helps ?</span>

<!--EDIT|tlronny
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085080313 -->

rhpipe.JPG

Yup what cheese said...  I was bummed but he is 100% correct...  When I swapped out my pipes I fired her up without any cans on at all and much to my surprise it was honestly louder once I fitted the Akro's.   It the restriction in the midpipes thats a killer besides, say you fit a Yoshimura full system on your bike and then removed the can.  All your doing is making all sport bikes guys look like the jerkweeds on their straight piped HD's.  You'll annoy the hell outta everyone around you and rattle the teath outta yer head...  Lets keep the pipes on and show some respect for the sport and for your neighbors and others on the road.  
   Lets not give sportbikers a worse image than has allready been cultivated...  

If your at the track, go ahead, but it will likely have adverse effects on your motors ability to produce power...

Not trying to be a bobo...  I can understand the desire to hear your Motor uncorked, but I do not recommend riding around that way...  It's a recipe for the Insta-Squid label...
I've decided that I'm going to make all sportbike riders look bad.

Back