MPG on 2008

oklazukguy

Registered
I am getting ready to buy a bike. The main reason is for better fuel economy. It is getting to where I cant afford to drive my 3/4 ton to work and back. I decided on the 08 Busa, because.... well its what I want.

Just curious what 08 owners are getting for gas mileage.

I did do a search, but came up with nothing. Thanks.
hello.gif

The average range on a 5.5gal (California) tankful of gas is 150 miles (just before the warning light comes on).

That's just under 30mpg; but keep in mind that I ride predominantly in higher revs in the canyons.

That's me; that's my riding. Other reports will vary.

The average range on a 5.5gal (California) tankful of gas is 150 miles (just before the warning light comes on).

That's just under 30mpg; but keep in mind that I ride predominantly in higher revs in the canyons.

That's me; that's my riding.  Other reports will vary.
Oh, yes, and I hear that Vespa's are really popular today for the economically-inclined...

laugh.gif

I am getting ready to buy a bike. The main reason is for better fuel economy. It is getting to where I cant afford to drive my 3/4 ton to work and back. I decided on the 08 Busa, because.... well its what I want.

Just curious what 08 owners are getting for gas mileage.

I did do a search, but came up with nothing. Thanks.
hello.gif
An 08 Hayabusa will not save you any money on fuel costs...

I have an H2 Hummer that gets 10MPG on a good day. After leaving work on my Busa, I don't seem to arrive home for another 2 hours and then there are the weekends. I find myself filling up the bike atleast twice on a sunny weekend
laugh.gif

It is a good sales pitch to the wife though...

Thanks for the info. I am getting about 12 mpg in my o3 Chevy crew cab 3/4 ton. Even 30 mpg sounds alot better to me.

Plus, you are correct sir. GREAT sales pitch for the wife. Plus, we are buying her an 07 S50 boulevard. She doesnt like riding *****.

37.5 Average - mostly stop and go during break in. Some highway - still better than most cars out there.

We have a 2008 Yaris that gets 32 mpg - but suprise it is not as fun to drive?
jump9.gif

I know this about the 2008 Busa, but I just had to chime in. 2005 Busa, all stock except for TRE, 44 miles to the gallon commuting to and from work. Long trips yeild as much as 49 mpg.
laugh.gif

I average around 30mpg. Honestly though any money you save in gas will go right back into keeping good tires and stuff on the bike.

You will end up getting lost on the Busa regualy..
And end up doing twice as many miles so get the Busa...
you wont save on fuel but when you realize that fact it wont matter anymore I often go for a pint of milk around to the local store and come back 5 hours later enpty handed Its possible Scully and Mulder have somthing to do with it..
whistling.gif

With the ever rising cost of gas, I ride my bikes every chance I get. The only time I drive my truck now is if it rains.

V-Rod > 40mpg

Busa > 35-40mpg

Lightning > 12mpg

Nuff Said..

The digital miles/gal. display on my bike is saying 22.8. This shouldn't be right. I've taken off fast a time or two, but I haven't gone crazy. I won't be speeding this weekend with more cops out there than regular traffic.

I would look at another bike if one of my main concern was MPG. Several of the sport-tour models get a lot better gas mileage and ride better. Getting 1340cc's of screaming power and looking to save on gas is WAY beyond logic.
I also have an ST1300 that has 7.7 gallons of fuel and gets 45 mpg.

Not trying to bash or flame, but a busa is not what I would call a " first time owner or i haven't been on a bike for years" bike. You can do it but, that is one of the reasons why insurance is crazy on these bikes. It is not a save money bike, considering the tires,and insurance cost.

Having said the above, go buy what you want and more power to you
smile.gif

I got 52.2 on my last tank. I took it easy just to see how good it would get. I have about 2700 miles on it now. The only thing i changed was the two brothers ex. on it

DSC_0003RS.jpg

150 mi. to a tank around town averaging out to around 37 mpg and about 180 mi. on the hwy averaging around 44 mpg. not the best bike in the world for gas mileage but i don't mind the extra cost vs. all the fun i have on the bike.

OK, I hear what youre saying. But, isnt 37 mpg better than the 12-13 I am getting in my truck???

And, no I havent been on a bike in a few years. I rode my buddys 1000r not long ago, and got the bug again. I am 6'4" and 235 lbs. I used to look rediculous on my ZX-7R. I started out looking for a CBR 1100xx to buy, but found that I like the looks of the Busa's. I drive about 2 miles to work, round trip. I figure driving that everyday will be good for getting me readjusted to riding. My daughter is buying a Vespa (what she wants), my son-in-law is getting something and my wife is getting the Boulevard. We are all stoked about getting back to doing something we all enjoy, taking some weekend rides, etc. Instead of always just working, eating, and sleeping. Maybe the Busa isnt the right bike to get back on at first, but sue me for feeling very passionate about the looks and styling of them.

On another note, my son-in-law does paint and body work. He just painted my daughters eclipse flat black, and it looks awesome. Kinda thinking about buying an 05 or 06 Busa and letting him go to town on it.

Back