What's everyone doin' MPG wise ? I think I have an' issue ?

So...Mr. "jelly on the rug" Chemistry Professor gets 52MPG and according to him my motor faces eminent death. Well,I guess its "sweet dreams" for Ol' Rubb tonight. Sure glad I didn't tell him about all the bacon I've been eating lately. "Well Rubb,as your friend and amatuer cardiologist, I give you about 8 minutes to live."
Thanks jelly. (actually Bro,you are pretty smart) :thumbsup:
Rubb.
LOL
You hit the nail dead center on the head!
It’s like a really pretty lady, a whole lot of fun while it lasts.
Motorcycles generally do low mileage, but in the automotive car world where we expect 100,000 mikes with around 90% depreciation that gets real important.

52 plus 19/42 gearing touring .
45 to 47 18/43 gearing touring
12 mpg wide open for 29 miles just over 2 gallons burned . Speeds were 170 to 195 mph gps .
That was a eye opener as you could see the fuel gauge lowering every mile from full to half .
Where do you ride 195 for two miles?

The biggest issue you have with your bike is the 'right hand syndrome.' That and you probably use it around town more than out on a hiway..nothing gets good mileage around town.
Oh Ya...wait till you see my ad in the Classifieds...
"Swap Less-than-fuel-efficient-gently-used-Turbo Hayabusa" for old classic (prefer moped) but will look at similar. Battery assisted pedal bike,etc.
huh huh...

Rubb.

I get 32-35 mpg. If I had the cash to tune it I’m sure it would be a bit better. It runs a tad rich and ya need a shower after riding as you smell of exhaust bad.
So for you its a numbers game eh?
Cost of tune vs man body wash.
For you,get the...

That suits you. Followed by a light coating of this, for the ladies...

Then "seal-the-deal" with a light dusting of this...

Yup,still way cheaper than a tune.
Other advantages too...

Rubb.

Sure coulda gone that route,messed up somebody else's thread with all the shid chuckin',debotchery an' fun that usually ensues in my threads. I like to mix about 5% science with 95% "other" The fella's seem to like too. We learn,we have fun. "It's a crazy good time." :laugh: There will be t-shirts on sale in the lobby after the show. :thumbsup:
But I wanna thank you for pointing out that the search feature thingy,it's a valuable tool here on the Org.
I feel like a new member on their first post who asks a question and gets the old..."you should post in the new members forum" or "An intro would be nice" or my personal favorite...

Unless your link was just a good way to get to the facts...

I would call him out on the 195/2 miles here in the east coast but Texas, basically that's like half the roads out there!
Avg speed calculator says 145 mph for 12 minutes to cover 29 miles . It was a great deal of wot running through 4th 5th 6th gears. Betting the tune / injectors have something to do with fuel consumption.
@Boosted Cycle Perf could spec how my tune is set up

The biggest issue you have with your bike is the 'right hand syndrome.' That and you probably use it around town more than out on a hiway..nothing gets good mileage around town.
Oh, if we are talking WHY..... well mine has a basic white chick ecu tune from Schnitz and runs stupid rich. And it’s probably only seen 6th gear a handful of times...
Those MAY have a slight affect on my mpg numbers.

Oh, if we are talking WHY..... well mine has a basic white chick ecu tune from Schnitz and runs stupid rich. And it’s probably only seen 6th gear a handful of times...
Those MAY have a slight affect on my mpg numbers.
That's racist. "basic white chick"
I am highly offended. I'm actually outraged.
BWCLMT
"Basic White Chicks Lives Matter Too"
Klutch...I'm very dissapointed.
Rubb.

rofl.gif

45+ on the ST1300, 27 or so on the Tuono and the Busa? I try to care. Not really lol.

I haven't cared about mileage in many years. I only sport ride. I'm on and off the throttle all the time and often go wide open or close to it. I fill my tank about every four rides and I ride 30-40 minutes at a time. I don't even know how many miles but it's not much. 20 maybe? 80 miles/5 gallons = 16 miles/gallon. Sounds about right and the 14 gets about the same.

I hear ya on the car, mine gets about the same as yours. @Red05 is familiar with luxury performance too. He's got a big girl who can move in his garage as well...

Evelyn? Yeah not too worried about fuel mileage with the V12 either lol. Does ok on the highway though.
Also, it's almost like Mercedes incorporated sound cancelling technology into those W140's. Great quiet ride that not even the new cars match.

Evelyn? Yeah not too worried about fuel mileage with the V12 either lol. Does ok on the highway though.
Also, it's almost like Mercedes incorporated sound cancelling technology into those W140's. Great quiet ride that not even the new cars match.
Those are the last of the engineer driven flagship designs. Rumor has it that Mercedes lost money on every S class it built until the W220 hit the market. Those had accountant input, and it shows. Still a luxury car for sure, but the earlier S class models are something special.

Back