mounting video cam onto Busa

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Bought a Busa, bought a camera, bought some foam and some duct tape. Anyone have a better idea? The camera is so small I need to tank mount it about 3 inches higher to see over the dash. Tried many things, many ways and nothing really worked.
Can I use duct tape on tank over the Suz logo and not permenantly hurt the paint?
What about vibrations, should I use digital stabilizer?
What about mounting to side of fairing?
Helmet cam?
Tail cam?

Anyone have experience with this?
Nick, I couldn't find your email, so I 'messaged' you on this board but no reply. Track day is TOMORROW. I'm not making DVD's or posting to the net, I just wanna fill tapes with my fun so I can watch it when I'm 97 and relive the joy

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
Deffinately the Stem stand thing WW the Duck tape idea pretty much sucks.
You wouldn't happen to be a tin basher would ya.
JK dude.......seriously the stem stand!!!!!!!!

I've heard the stem stand is sort of permenant like... I ordered a camera mount from Lockhart-Phillips... It uses suction cups on the tank and has a safety line too. It should work perfectly... I will post some pics and opinions when it arrives.

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
I've heard the stem stand is sort of permenant like...  I ordered a camera mount from Lockhart-Phillips...  It uses suction cups on the tank and has a safety line too.  It should work perfectly...  I will post some pics and opinions when it arrives.
Rip saves the day again......a camera mount to mount a camera.....what a novle idea.......guess that'd be the best choice then, and not the stem stand.......what do I know, I'm just a farmer!!!!

You can get a Stem Stand Here:

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/

Not the most impressive looking website but the service was great and the shipping was fast. You can buy a velco strap which fits around a detector but I'm not sure about a camera. Vriply, the stem stand is not permanent. You just slide it in the stem hole and pull it out when you don't need it.

Racer 222

The rider formerly known as Howlin_Mad
Donating Member
Registered
I have used both to video. I tried the stem stand but with the camera mounted on it to much vibration from the front forks. I have the Lockhart Phillips and it works great. Recommend using some duct tape inconjuction with the suction cups. Most of our tanks have a good coat of wax on them and the cups can slip.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I have used both to video.  I tried the stem stand but with the camera mounted on it to much vibration from the front forks.  I have the Lockhart Phillips and it works great.  Recommend using some duct tape inconjuction with the suction cups.  Most of our tanks have a good coat of wax on them and the cups can slip.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
Thanks for the tip bro! I can't wait to get mine... Not like I do anything crazy enough to film... But, I will anyway.

( :