mounting video cam onto Busa

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Bought a Busa, bought a camera, bought some foam and some duct tape. Anyone have a better idea? The camera is so small I need to tank mount it about 3 inches higher to see over the dash. Tried many things, many ways and nothing really worked.
Can I use duct tape on tank over the Suz logo and not permenantly hurt the paint?
What about vibrations, should I use digital stabilizer?
What about mounting to side of fairing?
Helmet cam?
Tail cam?

Anyone have experience with this?
Nick, I couldn't find your email, so I 'messaged' you on this board but no reply. Track day is TOMORROW. I'm not making DVD's or posting to the net, I just wanna fill tapes with my fun so I can watch it when I'm 97 and relive the joy

here's a photo.....

stem_stand_on_bars.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Deffinately the Stem stand thing WW the Duck tape idea pretty much sucks.
You wouldn't happen to be a tin basher would ya.
JK dude.......seriously the stem stand!!!!!!!!

I've heard the stem stand is sort of permenant like... I ordered a camera mount from Lockhart-Phillips... It uses suction cups on the tank and has a safety line too. It should work perfectly... I will post some pics and opinions when it arrives.

I've heard the stem stand is sort of permenant like...  I ordered a camera mount from Lockhart-Phillips...  It uses suction cups on the tank and has a safety line too.  It should work perfectly...  I will post some pics and opinions when it arrives.
Rip saves the day again......a camera mount to mount a camera.....what a novle idea.......guess that'd be the best choice then, and not the stem stand.......what do I know, I'm just a farmer!!!!

You can get a Stem Stand Here:

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/

Not the most impressive looking website but the service was great and the shipping was fast. You can buy a velco strap which fits around a detector but I'm not sure about a camera. Vriply, the stem stand is not permanent. You just slide it in the stem hole and pull it out when you don't need it.

I have used both to video. I tried the stem stand but with the camera mounted on it to much vibration from the front forks. I have the Lockhart Phillips and it works great. Recommend using some duct tape inconjuction with the suction cups. Most of our tanks have a good coat of wax on them and the cups can slip.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I have used both to video.  I tried the stem stand but with the camera mounted on it to much vibration from the front forks.  I have the Lockhart Phillips and it works great.  Recommend using some duct tape inconjuction with the suction cups.  Most of our tanks have a good coat of wax on them and the cups can slip.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
Thanks for the tip bro! I can't wait to get mine... Not like I do anything crazy enough to film... But, I will anyway.

( :

Back