Video cameras

drnick

Registered
Need advice about the new cameras which run a flash cards; the GO PRO in HD,or the VholdR Contour HD...I know the Go-Pro HD has some good reviews,but has anyone done a comparison between these two,good and bad???...I'm currently running Chase Bullet Cams,with a VCR,great video,but too many wires,and burning Tape to DVD is getting OLD:laugh:THX

:laugh: hey rainbow, can you google mens suits for me please, tryinng to get reviews on whether a 3 piece is better than a 2 piece thanks:laugh:

Need advice about the new cameras which run a flash cards; the GO PRO in HD,or the VholdR Contour HD...I know the Go-Pro HD has some good reviews,but has anyone done a comparison between these two,good and bad???...I'm currently running Chase Bullet Cams,with a VCR,great video,but too many wires,and burning Tape to DVD is getting OLD:laugh:THX

Nick, I own both & sell both. Can't say anything bad about either camera, they are top quality for what they are designed for.

GoPro HD Hero Video Camera - LOW Price + FREE USA Ship | PashnitMoto.com

Gopro_pashnit_0878_800.jpg

Ever wonder how we get shots like that?

Dsc09523_800.jpg

Dsc09523_800.jpg

Gopro_pashnit_0878_800.jpg

This was shot entirely with the GoPro HD.

We've come a long way since wired cameras. Click to see.

[URL="
pashnit_vid1.jpg[/URL]

pashnit_vid1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pashnit,what kind of mounts come with these cameras???and is it easy to burn a DVD from the Flash card,and do you need a special program to be installed in your Comp. to extract files for burning to DVD???THX Nick

Pashnit,what kind of mounts come with these cameras???and is it easy to burn a DVD from the Flash card,and do you need a special program to be installed in your Comp. to extract files for burning to DVD???THX Nick

GoPro HD's use .mp4 as their file format. The SD Card will play the file in your computer without issue. However depending on what kind of computer you have, and how much horsepower you have, editing is a different story. The HD files are HUGE (as in gigabites) and it take a strong machine (either a mac or a WIN7 with some good memory and video card) to make decent edits. None of my XP machines will edit it worth a crap.

If you do a search on this subject, you will find some large thread where we've worked on editing this video.

Nick, click the links provided and you can see the laundry list of mounts. These are complete kits. Camera, multiple mounts, everything.

Mainly, flat mount, curve mount, suction mount. The stuff I'm using I built myself with RAM mounts using the RAM site & a lot of trail & error. I spent about $400 just on mounts before I got it right. Click through the tabs on the PashnitMoto pages, and you can see all the accessories too.

Your second question pertains more to software. GoPro HD saves in an MPEG4 format, the Contour HD uses MOV files as the format. But companies have huge support systems (ie websites) behind them you can get involved with. GoPro is huge on facebook too.

Most that are making videos buy a program. You can find video editing software (likely already installed on your computer) at Office Max. Both cameras allow straight uploads to their 'communities'. If you hop on YouTube, you can watch hours of actions sports video shot with either camera.

This area I'm not much of an expert anymore on the software b/c I'm now at the level where I'm hiring professionals to make the videos for me. Don't have the time anymore to do it myself.

Cause you are too busy riding and shipping my rearsets (got the email today) Tim!!

Keith, you'll have the rearsets likely on Monday. :thumbsup: Will stop thread jacking. :moon:

Nick, other difference between the two brands is the Contour just came out with the Contour GPS. Quite simply a video camera with GPS built in. Use your imagination how that would come in handy, hiking, travel, riding, etc.

GoPro HD is also a normal Camera. If you are into taking photos like me, that's a fun feature to the camera. The timed interval photos is how I shot a lot of on-board shots.

If you are not into taking photos, that may not be a big deal. GoPro HD is turn it on and go. Someday they will go wireless on-off, but not yet.

Contour HD is super-simple on-off switch on top of camera - you can see on the pics above. Lots of differences, make sure to compare the features you want for your needs.

Keith, you'll have the rearsets likely on Monday. :thumbsup: Will stop thread jacking. :moon:

Nick, other difference between the two brands is the Contour just came out with the Contour GPS. Quite simply a video camera with GPS built in. Use your imagination how that would come in handy, hiking, travel, riding, etc.

GoPro HD is also a normal Camera. If you are into taking photos like me, that's a fun feature to the camera. The timed interval photos is how I shot a lot of on-board shots.

If you are not into taking photos, that may not be a big deal. GoPro HD is turn it on and go. Someday they will go wireless on-off, but not yet.

Contour HD is super-simple on-off switch on top of camera - you can see on the pics above. Lots of differences, make sure to compare the features you want for your needs.
Thanks for all the info guys,I'll have to see if a standalone DVD recorder(Sony MC6) will work with the file format of these 2 cameras.

just a rant, but premiere won't edit mp4 files. pita! windows movie maker does though.. but wmm is bland.

Back