Mototeck undertail - group buy

question: is there a brighter light upgrade?
On Mototeck's website there is an option for a 48Led upgrade over the 11Led red 1157 bulb.

Mototeck.jpg

I'm in pending the LED question. If they are not including the 48 LED bulbs, are they just standard bulbs and we can replace them with others
rock.gif

i think so, when it comes time to order you are going to call direct to distributor. check with kkattan.

you can get 48 LED upgrade from the vendor..however YOU WOULD NOT BE PART OF THE GROUP BUY.. has somethign to do with inventory ID..etc..
so sale price for individual undertail with LED upgrade: $299
over 10 people ordering LED with UPgrade $279

however there will be 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

if you choose this route.. you will not be listed on here.. so please let me know..

i recommend. if enough people intersted.. start a new group buy on the UPGRADE LEDS. .. please remember 4 to 6 weeks..

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140114056 -->

YES. you will be able to choose. (FREE). the cover of the lenses for your brake light or turn signals.. if you want clear specify when ordering.. i will make a new step 4.

i will verify the below with the vendor tonight:
they will probably be the following options.. will update when verified.

Brake REd/ Flashers Amber
or Brake Transparent and Flahser Transparent..

I'm a little confused about something. The description says it comes with integrated turn signals. I thought the turn signals were the little cat eye leds on the lower portion of the tail. Can you clarify this please.

Whats the chance of getting all smoke with colored bulbs.

I'm a little confused about something.  The description says it comes with integrated turn signals. I thought the turn signals were the little cat eye leds on the lower portion of the tail. Can you clarify this please.
yes.. the turn signals are the cat eyes.. and also because they are LEDS.. in the brakes.. i believe one or two leds will blink in the brake are.. maybe also means built into the undertail..

keep up the good work guys!!..

i am hoping to send in the members list Saturday.. (latest Monday)... vendor is closed on Sunday.
so those of you alrady on the list.. please be a little patient...

I will PM everyone one when it is time to place the order.
thank you.

So its not too late.. but please contact me if you are interested by Saturday 11AM Eastern Time

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140113099 -->

you can get 48 LED upgrade from the vendor..however YOU WOULD NOT BE PART OF THE GROUP BUY.. has somethign to do with inventory ID..etc..

if you choose this route.. you will not be listed on here.. so please let me know..

i recommend. if enough people intersted.. start a new group buy on the UPGRADE LEDS. .. please remember 4 to 6 weeks..
just so its clear I'm not bashin or pooh poohin this at all... cuz I wanna get the tail
cool.gif

But are they really trying to say that the 48 LED 1157 bulbs are worth $70-80
rock.gif
I found all freakin kinds of 1157 LED super bright bulbs on ebay for like $10-20 depending on color/led quantity...so unless there's something else special about that model
rock.gif

So with this new found understanding and the apparent upgrade to only the tail lights, not the turn signals, I'd say there's no reason to even bother trying to get the upgraded ones from them.

I guess the real questions now are do they have colored LEDs and clear/smoked housings or are they white bulbs with colored lenses?
cool.gif

rock.gif

cool.gif

just so its clear I'm not bashin or pooh poohin this at all... cuz I wanna get the tail
cool.gif

But are they really trying to say that the 48 LED 1157 bulbs are worth $70-80
rock.gif
 I found all freakin kinds of 1157 LED super bright bulbs on ebay for like $10-20 depending on color/led quantity...so unless there's something else special about that model
rock.gif

So with this new found understanding and the apparent upgrade to only the tail lights, not the turn signals, I'd say there's no reason to even bother trying to get the upgraded ones from them.

I guess the real questions now are do they have colored LEDs and clear/smoked housings or are they white bulbs with colored lenses?  
cool.gif
Man im glad im not the only one..So i checked from what i understand the 48 is a enclosed deal almost like an intergrated tail light ..Its not a 1157 bulb that you screw into a socket this comes in one piece for each side .no sockets .... Friend of mine has the 1157 regular led setup from mototek im gonna tell you one of his went out he got one from where he worked and the bulb itself 1157 led with like 8 or 10 leds in it was close to 14.00 ..the 48 setup is supposed to be brighter and last longer then the 1157 setup... im in for 279.00 or 299.00 if we cant get them cheaper i want the upgrade.Unless i can go to auto zone or the likes and make one from scratch thats the way to go..The 1157 bulbs also have a tendancy to vibrate and break at the joint..that is just what i could find out from asking some friends who have them.

rock.gif

cool.gif

Back