Mototeck Undertails

mvanlone

Registered
Ok I have the Mototeck Undertail installed on my bike and those of you that have this undertail, I have a question. When you use the turning signal which lights blink. The reason for the question is because when the turning signal blinks it is a little light under the undertail that is blinking and not like the brake lights. Is that what is supposed to be blinking the light under the undertail and not like the big round turing signal?

I have the mototech undertail. The little lights under the brake/running lights are your turn signals. The little white light is license plate light. When you bought the bike was the undertail already installed. .

I have a mototeck and yes there is a small LED light in the same housing as the brake/tail light that blinks and it is amber colored. The brake/tail light doesnt blink. There is also another blinker on the underside of the tail that will blink also.

here is an old picture.
mototeckundertailback.jpg

Mine doesn't do that. Only the signals blink. Maybe its because I got their 40 LED lights. Learn something new every day.

No, I had the undertail installed and I have the 40 led light version and the only light that blinks is the lights under the tail and not the turning signal. It just does look right on my undertail. The turning light under the tail seem to far in and I would think it would be hard to see from the person behind there. Anyone, else have this feeling?

The lights under the running/brake lights are your turn signals. Thats is their correct position. Good or bad, that is how mototech makes their undertails. Since you had it installed, and if you still wonder if its right, you might consider taking it back where you bought it and asking them.

This with the stock Mototeck led's ...

just brakes....

April2007010.jpg

with left turn signal....

April2007011.jpg

this is the same way mine work...here is a pic with the emergency flashers on...the round red lights are the tail/brake lights and the amber ones are the turn signals
beerchug.gif

IMG_0767__Large_.JPG

I have a Mototeck Undertail hanging in the garage. $100 if any one wants it!

If you have the mototech 40 led brake/tail lights, they don't have the yellow led in the center. Just the signals below. The 40 led tail lights do flash in conjunction with the turnsignals.

Back